TTC after 35

Thoughts?

I've only been charting for 3 months, now, but I've been recording my periods and have noticed that my cycles tend to be long (34 days), then 26 days, then long (30 days), then 26 days... For the past 2 cycles (during which I've actively charted and know when I've O'd), I O'd on CD 18 (long cycle) and then on CD 14 (26 day cycle). 

Has anyone else experienced this regular irregularity? This is the most regular I've been since I can remember (I've been on either depo or Mirena for the past 12 years and didn't get a period, therefore), but it still seems "funny" that I'm irregular in a regular way. 

I'm wondering if it means that on months when I have only a 26 day cycle, I may not be building up enough of a friendly uterus to encourage implantation (my most recent cycle is a 26 day cycle and believe me, MH and I did the BD to cover "the spread" and yet AF arrived nonetheless)...?

Thoughts?

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: Thoughts?

• How long has it been since you went off BC?  It can take a while to regulate.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I pulled the mirena at the beginning of October.

But seriously, this is the most regular I've been ever in my life (except for when I didn't get my period at all)...

*********************************************************************************************

-- Abraham Lincoln

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >

• Loading the player...
  • Does your LP stay the same or does it vary with cycle length?
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • So far, my LP has been 13 days (possibly 12 this past cycle)...

-- Abraham Lincoln

• Your LP is long enough so that is good.  Did something happen during your longer cycle like you were stressed or feeling ill?  I would not stress about it.  See if it is a pattern or if it was just one wonky cycle.
  • In regards to your main question: I'm pretty sure cycles down to 23 days are considered normal. CD14 for O is average so I don't see any reason that would be too early. 

Everything I've read says some variation is normal. For the last two cycle you've had a 12 day luteal phase so you probably O'd on day 22 for your 34 day cycle. Were you anxious in the week leading up to ovulation that month? That can delay. I have no idea how late you can ovulate in a cycle and be considered normal, but 22 doesn't seem that late. Sorry I can't be of more help. 

• Our cycles can change as we age. Since you've been on BC for 12 years, it would be difficult to compare then and now.

A consistent 12 day LP is great and if you O on CD 14 on your shortest cycle, that is plenty of time build up a lining. In fact, ovulating on CD 14 is considered average.

Were you ever given a diagnosis for your cycle irregularity when you were younger? just curios. 

Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • I never got a diagnosis, but there were occasions when I O'd twice in a month-- I used to have 2 periods a month that lasted 10 days each (with 5-7 of those days incredibly heavy flows). It was miserable. And it would happen 4 times a year, sometimes more.

Then every once in a while, I'd have no period. That was a good month! 

When I was 15, I went on the pill to regulate my periods. At age 26, I switched to Depo Provera because the pill wasn't cutting it. And then Jan 2007, I got the Mirena because the Depo wasn't cutting it (it was not making it the full 3 months). 

I haven't been stressed these last few months-- not any more than normal, at any rate. Other than when I was younger, I could have gotten pregnant by standing next to a pregnant woman and now I can't seem to get pregnant even with BD-ing like it's my job at the right time-- that's adding some stress now!  LOL

-- Abraham Lincoln

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"