Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

NBR and baby realated.

NBR: Okay so I need to start like doing something to get back into shape. I never lost the last 9lbs I needed to but I wasn't doing anything to help that anyways. I just got a membership at a gym and will be going at least 3 times a week and if possible more. I was just wondering do any of you have the Reebok easy tone shoes? do you like them? Also if I got a belly bandit or some type of gurdle(sp?) will that work even though I had my baby 3 months ago? If so is the belly bandit any good? What kind do you use? If you have any tips on weight loss please tell me too! I've cut down on my snacks and junk food. I tried to completely eliminate soda but I couldnt so I'm trying to only drink 3 cans a week(I drank a 12 pack in a week)

BR: Any tips on moving baby from her swing to her crib? She never liked sleeping in her crib. She's been sleeping in her bouncer and now her swing. I put her in her crib last night she woke up an hour later. I put her in her swing she slept all night. Help please. TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR and baby realated.

• Options

I don't really have any tips on the weight loss. It sounds like you're on the right track with what you're doing- going to the gym and eating healthier. IMO, those shoes and the belly bands are marketing gimmicks but I've never tried them so maybe someone who has has will be able to answer.

For the transitioning, maybe try and put the swing in her room so she gets used to being in there, and then when you're ready to continue (a few days or so later), have her sleep in the swing in her room without it moving, and then finally transition her to the crib. Just do it step-by-step and remember that she's going to need time to transition.

Also, just out of curiosity, I remember I post you had written a little while back about your SO wanting a paternity test. Did you ever go through with it? Did you finally convince him that the baby looks like him because of his genes, not because he was around you while you were pregnant?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP February 2011; DD born October 15, 2011
    CP: December 2012
    Miscarriage: February 2013
    Blighted Ovum: July 2013
  • Options
    Weight Watchers is amazing... I am a southern girl who loves to eat lots of fried things and I was able to stick to this. Also I have the Reebok Easy Tones and I don't think they really do anything...they were actually recalled a couple of months ago because they falsly advertised what the shoes did. Also I do not think they are very comfortable. Good Luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No suggestion on crib transition. But i have sketchers shape ups. I think they are comfy but i havent noticed any weight loss/muscle change. Im 5 lbs below my pre preg weight but my thighs are still huge and my booty expansion keeps me from my normal clothes. My tops are one size up thanks to bfing and my pants are 2 sizes upp

Good luck!  

Angel Baby -EDD 6/10/11 m/c at 9w2d on 11/7/10 Our Early Christmas Gift - A Beautiful Baby Girl Born December 18, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebarefootandboots:

I don't really have any tips on the weight loss. It sounds like you're on the right track with what you're doing- going to the gym and eating healthier. IMO, those shoes and the belly bands are marketing gimmicks but I've never tried them so maybe someone who has has will be able to answer.

For the transitioning, maybe try and put the swing in her room so she gets used to being in there, and then when you're ready to continue (a few days or so later), have her sleep in the swing in her room without it moving, and then finally transition her to the crib. Just do it step-by-step and remember that she's going to need time to transition.

Also, just out of curiosity, I remember I post you had written a little while back about your SO wanting a paternity test. Did you ever go through with it? Did you finally convince him that the baby looks like him because of his genes, not because he was around you while you were pregnant?

Her crib and swing are in my room we share. As for the DNA test I told him to go ahead but that I wasn't going to do anything about it. So if he wants it he needs to make the calls schedule appointments etc.. So I'm just waiting on him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

As far as weight loss, hubby and I have been doing slim fast and lean cuisine. Basically limit you calories. I've been doing 1200-1300 calories a day. I've lost almost 10 pounds so far. My plan is to loose the weight then work on the exercise and eating healthier.

For crib sleeping, maybe find a safe way to incline the mattress? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"