Baby Showers
Options

Gift Question/Thank You Cards

I have a lot of out of town family who can't make it to my shower, and they are starting to send me gifts. Is it better to open them at home, or at the shower? I think that since a few of my items are large, it will be better not to have to pack them in the car, especially not for the return trip home, when I will have other things as well. Also, is it ok to send those thank you cards earlier if I open them before the shower, or should they still be sent all at once?

Thanks for any advice. I feel like if I do something "wrong," certain relatives will make a fuss.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Gift Question/Thank You Cards

• Options

If they can't attend the shower, I'd say open them now. Shower guests won't really care about seeing you open more presents from people who aren't even there.

And definitely send the thank-you cards ASAP rather than wait to send them with the rest. Not only will it make it easier on you, but the people who sent the gifts might appreciate the cards being sent in a more timely manner.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKatFCo:

If they can't attend the shower, I'd say open them now. Shower guests won't really care about seeing you open more presents from people who aren't even there.

And definitely send the thank-you cards ASAP rather than wait to send them with the rest. Not only will it make it easier on you, but the people who sent the gifts might appreciate the cards being sent in a more timely manner.

Yes - I agree!  Open them now and send thank you's as soon as possible.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageccam:
    imageKatFCo:

Yes - I agree!  Open them now and send thank you's as soon as possible.

Thanks! That seems to be what makes sense, but "the rules" don't always make sense, so I thought I'd ask.

• Options
    imageKatFCo:

I also agree with this.  Once they are opened you could take a few pictures so the guests at the shower can see what else you got.

• Options
    Open them now and send thank you notes out right away.  I don't see the point of bringing gifts to your own shower to open in front of everyone. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"