Nurseries and Baby Gear

Beco Gemini vs Pikkolo Carrier

I have been trying to decide between the Beco Gemini and the Cat Bird Baby Pikkolo carrier. Both seem to offer the same features (front and rear facing, on the back and on the hip.) They both received an "A" rating in Baby Bargains, similar reviews on Amazon and are both priced comparatively. SO...do any of you have any experience using either one of these or have any comments / advice to share. Help me make up my mind!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Beco Gemini vs Pikkolo Carrier

• I use a pikkolo but have never tried a gemini. I have a Beco Butterfly that doesn't fit me well so I am loathe to even try a Gemini. I still carry DD who is 3 in the pikkolo.
  • I have the Beco Gemini, I like it, I also have the Action Baby Carrier (ABC).  The ABC has a light weight fabric and much more inexpensive, but you can't have the baby face out, this would be best during summer.  The Beco Gemini is cuter, and can have the baby face out, I don't think I will use this during the summer since DS gets hot quickly.  This place lets you rent before you buy for a small fee, I haven't done it but its a good idea.
  • Loading the player...
  • Pikkolos are available on the cat bird baby website. 
  • I tried on both with my ds at a local shop. I ended up buying the gemini. It was much more comfortable for me. We don't get hot wearinv it and ds seems to like it. He will nap in it all the time. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had the Pikkolo and ended up selling it to buy the Gemini.  My back always killed me when wearing the Pikkolo.  I love my Gemini!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"