July 2012 Moms
Options

YUM, dinner tonight...

I put chicken breasts in the Crock Pot with a bottle of barbeque sauce, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing...let it cook for 6 hours on low, and then shredded the chicken. We had the chicken on whole wheat buns, roasted rosemary and thyme potatoes, and mixed veggies for dinner! It was SO good, and I bet it would be really yummy with pork too (tasted just like pulled pork!)...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: YUM, dinner tonight...

• Options
    That sounds so good! Question: is there a specific order you put the ingredients into the crockpot in?  I know that sounds so stupid but every time I've tried to make bbq chicken in mine it ends up burning.  I am going to try your recipe tomorrow! :)
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yummy! My grandmother came by my work today and brought me some homemade chili and some homeade chicken and rice:))) I'm a happy pregnant girl right now!
    BabyName Tickereditbaby Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    omg, that sounds SO good!!!! I need to try that.
  • Options
    That sounds so good!
  • Options

imagecwm11985:
    That sounds so good! Question: is there a specific order you put the ingredients into the crockpot in?  I know that sounds so stupid but every time I've tried to make bbq chicken in mine it ends up burning.  I am going to try your recipe tomorrow! :)

Not a stupid question at all! I pour a little bit of BBQ sauce on the bottom of the crock before putting any chicken in and make sure the entire bottom is covered (this may be why it's burning!). I place the chicken (salted and peppered) on top, and then cover it with BBQ sauce...add the brown sugar (sprinkled all around), and then drizzle the italian dressing after. It will all combine as it cooks...I make sure I cook it on low all day, I think it cooks way too fast (and possibly burns) on high!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagecwm11985:
    Question: is there a specific order you put the ingredients into the crockpot in?  I know that sounds so stupid but every time I've tried to make bbq chicken in mine it ends up burning.

Make sure that your crock pot is at least 2/3 full. If it is not full enough the food will burn. I have had this happen before so I speak from experience .:) 

I hope you have an awesome dinner!  

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"