Upstate NY Babies

WWYD? Because this is going to keep me up all night.

The kids turned into little terrors around noon today, must be feeling better.  Testing me to the extreme.  While I was getting the kids' antibiotics ready, Brianna was mad at me because she wanted to do crafts but it was tub time.  So she quickly grabbed Tyler's open bottle of liquid augmentin and RAN, when I just about caught her she DUMPED the entire bottle on the floor!!!!  We need to be at the airport at 10am, pedi office opens at 9am.  But the pedi office didn't treat her, urgent care did.  I don't know if the pedi office could/would give me a new Rx for someone they didn't see, I would think not.  But even if they did I am not sure I would have time to have it filled.  I don't know what I will do if they wont give me a Rx.  Bri is on the same medicine, so I could give him hers and treat them both just half the time.

I am actually ready to just cancel the trip.  The past 5-6 days have been horrible.  Just one thing after another, I spent 2 hours tonight looking for my swim suit with no luck.  I actually had it out for the trip last week but it disappeared (DH "cleaned" by putting away all the stuff I got out for the trip last week).  I think no swim suit justifies canceling.   I am just done and we haven't even left yet.

Re: WWYD? Because this is going to keep me up all night.

• Like I said before, it would take a lot for me to cancel a vaca.  But that is because of my job and vaca situation.

If you want to still go - this is what you do for the RX - call the on call pedi.  You still have the bottle right?  Read them what the RX is - name, strength, and dose.  Have them call a 24 hr pharmacy and pick it up on the way to the airport.  OR call the pedi when they open and have them call it in to a pharmacy near your hotel so you can pick it up once you are down there.  Spilling liquid meds is not uncommon where you should run into any hassle.  You will most likely have to pay out of pocket though bc your insurance wont pay again.

• I'm guessing there were no refills prescribed? I would call a 24 hour pharmacy and explain the situation. They may just be able to refill it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • But I would not cancel my vaca over this, or the kids getting sick - some vitamin D will go them good! 

I would, however m, feel slightly guilty about bringing them on a plane... But not too guilty  

• I would call the pharmacy as well, if not the ped could even all the script into wherever you are going. You are not the first or last that has happened to. 
    Ashley Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You ever have one of those events where NOTHING is going right in preparation and you just feel like you should take it as a sign you shouldn't go?  That is just how this trip is going.  Kids sick, 4 infected ears, spilled meds, missing swimsuit, 2 deliveries arrriving at wrong times (hotel delivery a day early yielding a $20 fee and kids headphones for the flight being delivered to my house an hour after we land in Fl), I called and called on the deliveries and they can't be changed, letter to travel with from Ty's dev pedi about his disabilities got lost in the office, they called this morning to tell me it was ready when I should have been getting it in the mail today, had to ask my neighbor to pick it up for me since she works across the hall.  The sensory body sock I bought for Ty to travel with was too big so I had to buy a second one. A painful rash on the inside of my leg a few days ago, had to go buy more capris because I don't think I can wear shorts.  Dh recycled the maps and directions I printed out to take with us, did I ever mention he likes to "clean"?  My FB feed is hinting that there may be a problem with our transportation arrangements to the airport in the morning.  And of course I now have the kids' cold and DH is just coming down with it.  There's more little crap issues too, those are just some of the ones consumed time out of my day today in some form or another. 

Oh, and the ONLY 24 hr pharmacy in the area is in the city on the south side.  Not only am I not driving that far in the middle of the night (no time in the morning with university traffic) but I used to live not far from there and you just DONT go through there at night.  I speak from experience.

• I missed where you were going... But I don't think NY drs can call/send in scripts to an out of state pharmacy, right? Someone definitely told me that once, but maybe I'm wrong.. 

but I imagine pharmacies here open fairly early tomorrow, like by 8ish, I'd call there first thing. Generally the pharmacists will contact my dr for me, which is easier than me calling and waiting for the dr to call the pharmacy, ya know?

I froze Eve's antibiotic once. So I had to call and get a new RX.. it was pretty awesome.

LIke others said though, cancelling a trip over this is pretty silly.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • We call in scripts to PA all the time. I guess it would depend in where you are going. 
    Ashley Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Augmentin can be called in anywhere. 
  • I know what you mean about signs- that's how I feel about moving. Just when I think it can't get any worse, something else happens. For example, I'm sick with yet another cold and I slept wrong last night and can't move my neck, perfect for packing! But sometimes you just have to keep going and march ahead. The others have good ideas about the prescription, I wouldn't cancel the trip over it. Just think of their faces when they see the ocean for the first time and keep going!
  • Yeah, I forgot my BC once on a last second trip to MI....the pharm there had NO problems filling my script. I just had my Dr call the pharm when I was standing at their counter, they filled it fast and no issues.

Go on your trip, sounds like you need a little vaca! Sunshine just might do wonders for you all. Give Ty some of Bri's meds so he doesn't miss a dose, just make sure in the end both kids get their full treatment.

Buy a new suit in FL, they will have so many more to choose from!

Oh, and breath!

• Hope that it all works out.  Kinney Drugs on Electronics Parkway (by the Holiday Inn) is 24 hours, last I knew.  I am not sure what one that you are talking about on the SouthSide, but there is also a Kinney Drugs on Brighton, which is out of the rough area.  I am not sure if that one is open 24 hours.

Have a great trip, enjoy their first Disney trip and soak in the sunshine!!!   

imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrsoc:

Hope that it all works out.  Kinney Drugs on Electronics Parkway (by the Holiday Inn) is 24 hours, last I knew.  I am not sure what one that you are talking about on the SouthSide, but there is also a Kinney Drugs on Brighton, which is out of the rough area.  I am not sure if that one is open 24 hours. 

Uhg, I didn't know the Kinney's pharmacy on Electronics was 24 hr.  I checked all the pharmacy websites, I don't know how I missed it being 24 hrs.  The Rite Aid on South Salina, a couple miles north of Seneca Turnpike is 24 hrs.  That was the only one I could find last night.  I used to live off Brighton and that section on Salina wasn't a pleasant place to be at night.

I called the Dr, that can't do anything right now because they don't have the info from North Med.  Waiting for them to call me back. 

• Good luck, Mindy! I know you are stressed and really don't want to go..but you guys are going to have SO much fun. I hope everything works out - it'll be worth it!!
  • imageTinyPinkBug:
    imagemrsoc:

Hope that it all works out.  Kinney Drugs on Electronics Parkway (by the Holiday Inn) is 24 hours, last I knew.  I am not sure what one that you are talking about on the SouthSide, but there is also a Kinney Drugs on Brighton, which is out of the rough area.  I am not sure if that one is open 24 hours. 

Uhg, I didn't know the Kinney's pharmacy on Electronics was 24 hr.  I checked all the pharmacy websites, I don't know how I missed it being 24 hrs.  The Rite Aid on South Salina, a couple miles north of Seneca Turnpike is 24 hrs.  That was the only one I could find last night.  I used to live off Brighton and that section on Salina wasn't a pleasant place to be at night.

I called the Dr, that can't do anything right now because they don't have the info from North Med.  Waiting for them to call me back. 

For future reference, that pharmacy isn't open 24 hours anymore. I only live a mile and a half from there and I wouldn't go there in the middle of the night either!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Well, we made it.  We are in Orlando.  I got Ty's medicine, had to pick it up on the way to the airport, they wouldn't call it in to Florida.  Most of the flight went fine, Brianna just SCREAMED, hit, kicked squirmed out of her seat for the last 20 minutes during decent.  A few other bumps in the road but I did survive day 1.

My mom did call me this afternoon to tell me my grandmother is in the hospital, she fell last night.  My mom didn't give me many details, so I am going to have to call my sister to see how she is really doing. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"