Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Tell me about your 6 week growth spurt...

DD is SOOO fussy. Lately she's either sleeping, eating or crying. Just always crying. She will be 6 weeks on Thursday and is eating a little more frequently than usual but not horribly often.

Is the fussiness part of the growth spurt? I don't remember DS being this way... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tell me about your 6 week growth spurt...

• Options
    Must be because my 6 week od is acting the same way! He is so fussy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    It's so frustrating! I really hope it's just a phase and will pass soon. I want to pull my hair out ... it's the worst feeling when she won't stop crying no matter what I do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Lena's 6 weeks on Thursday, too.  Last night my husband was greeted at the door with a crying baby and a crying wife.  As a FTM, it really helps me to hear that other mothers (even experienced mothers!) are experiencing the same thing.  I felt like I was stuck in an endless loop of checking the diaper, feeding, burping, and putting her in the Moby, none of which was calming her down.  

Meanwhile, today all she's done is sleep.  I really hope she wakes up eventually... but I'm not going to rouse her. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hope to god that fussiness is a part of their growth spurt because if my two happy babies have permanently changed into two fussy babies I don't know what I'll do. This week they cry the second we put them down, even if they're completely passed out before we do. 
  • Options
    The 6-8 week period is extremely common for fussiness.  Google it if you want to know more.  This is my second child and I read tons last time around about how they are going through a big developmental stage with their digestion and they all have an element of colic around that time.  The evening time was referred to as the 'witching hour.'  It will pass, never fear!  I remember with my first son, we tried everything and were so frustrated trying to calm him...but then magically his mood changed and he was so much happier.  We used a ton of mylicon and he nursed a ton for comfort.  GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"