Baby Names
Options

Question re: Katherine or Kate

I'm currently stuck on Katherine as a favorite but husband isn't convinced. 

I'm not sure if I would really call her Katherine or Kate...and if we're going to really call her Kate, I"d rather that be her "full" name.  Does that make sense?  We have a long, complicated last name that will be difficult for her to spell...I guess I don't want her to also throw a caveat out that while her name is Katherine, she goes by Kate.  Am I overthinking?!?  

Last name starts with "El'A_________".  While I love Katherine with it, I'm not sure about Kate El'A_____.  What do you think about selecting Kate?  

Thanks!

Re: Question re: Katherine or Kate

• Options
    I really love Katherine because it has so many nicknames and is beautiful in long form. Kate, Katie, Kath, Kathy, Kat. I'd go Katherine and leave yourself some options?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think Katherine, call her Kate. It sounds mire professional later on in life.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm a fan of formal names, but I understand where you are coming from.

My Nora is an Elinor, and I had the same inner-struggle you're having. Ultimately, we went with Elinor because it was DH's grandmother's name.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    I think either is great! Love them!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    I don't like the name Katherine at all, but I really like Kate.  Or you could do Kate Elizabeth or something...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Visit The Nest!
  • Options

imageemilys629:
    I really love Katherine because it has so many nicknames and is beautiful in long form. Kate, Katie, Kath, Kathy, Kat. I'd go Katherine and leave yourself some options?

This.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love Kate and just Kate.  Its actually on my list! Kate Elizabeth sounds beautiful!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image
    My Ovulation Chart
    early m/c 09/05, early m/c 02/08,and missed m/c 04/12 at 16 weeks **I was Diagnosed with Factor V Leiden & Heterozygous Mthfr 02/08 I was put on Lovenox while pregnant with my daughter and will also be for my next pregnancy
  • Options

I like Kate as a full name. It's simple and lovely, and frankly, I like it a lot better than Katherine, which I don't think is nearly as attractive.

Kate doesn't sound like an issue with your LN to me, either. Maybe I'm missing something. But I don't see what the problem is. It sounds fine.

VOTE on my Name List

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I love Kate but I'm really not a fan of the longer versions (Katherine, Katelyn, Katrina, etc). Plus DH isn't a fan of NNs - he says you should be named what you're called which makes since to me.

I think Kate is a perfect stand-alone name!

BFP 11/1/11 EDD 7/13/12

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

9 Years Later

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"