Ergo Infant Insert? — The Bump
Attachment Parenting

Ergo Infant Insert?

Hi Ladies, I don't usually post here but I understand this is the place to come for baby wearning quetions?  I have an ergo for DD and am expecting #2 this summer.  Does anyone have experience with the ergo insert?  Can you nurse with it?  It looks like the baby is pretty seperated from Mom in it rather than close.  I am thinking a sling might be more up my ally for the early months when trying to juggle a 2 year old and a new born.  Thanks for any insight!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ergo Infant Insert?

• I couldn't nurse in the Ergo until he had good head control. A wrap or ring sling would work better, I think.
  • Loading the player...
  • I never nursed with the insert, but really liked it anyway.  LO is still pretty much right up against you because the insert doesn't wrap totally around.  I loved it for things like walking the dog, because DD would be swaddled in her PNP and I would not have to unswaddle her when my dog was going crazy to go outside.  As far as nursing in carriers, I haven't mastered that in any carrier yet so I can't really help there.
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks Ladies.  I saw an ad awhile ago for a babywearing workshop locally. At they time I though - why would someone need that? - but now I am thinking it might  be good to try out some styles as I can't purchase slings/carriers locally.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards