TTC after 35
Options

CD3 blood work (possibly really dumb ?)

OK, so if I got CD3 b/w done on CD5 would that be useless?  Or could it possibly be semi-helpful?  Do I need to just wait another month?  Thanks ladies!

And for your time:

Re: CD3 blood work (possibly really dumb ?)

• Options

I will take those cupcakes!

You can get useful info on CD-5.  However, my RE will not do it.  They will only it exactly on CD-3 and are open every day of the year to accomidate that.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageCountry Girl in the City:

I will take those cupcakes!

You can get useful info on CD-5.  However, my RE will not do it.  They will only it exactly on CD-3 and are open every day of the year to accomidate that.

OK, well that helps.  Unfortunately, I don't have my initial meet until tomorrow (which happens to be CD5) so I thought I'd check. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My RE will do CD3 Bloodwork anytime CD1-4. I have done both CD3 and CD4 and the results were almost identical.

Make sure you are accurately counting CD1 though. My RE counts CD1 is when you have full flow, not just spotting. And if it starts after 4:00 pm, the next day is CD1. 

However, if you are having your first meeting with your RE tomorrow, you might as well get used to the fact that the initial process will start out very slowly. It seems to take everyone about 2-3 months to get in all the testing, etc before treatment begins. Once treatment starts, it moves super-fast, but be prepared for what will feel like a slow start.

Good luck tomorrow! 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Options
    imageMelleTX:

My RE will do CD3 Bloodwork anytime CD1-4. I have done both CD3 and CD4 and the results were almost identical.

Make sure you are accurately counting CD1 though. My RE counts CD1 is when you have full flow, not just spotting. And if it starts after 4:00 pm, the next day is CD1. 

However, if you are having your first meeting with your RE tomorrow, you might as well get used to the fact that the initial process will start out very slowly. It seems to take everyone about 2-3 months to get in all the testing, etc before treatment begins. Once treatment starts, it moves super-fast, but be prepared for what will feel like a slow start.

Good luck tomorrow! 

This exactly.  OP - I did not realize that it was your first appointment.  Let us know what happens.  Good luck!

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageMelleTX:

Good luck tomorrow! 

Thanks!  It might be even slower because tomorrow is just with the OB.  With our insurance, I need referrals to anything so I might end up having to wait for another month anyway if I do have to see the RE.  I might just get referred for testing on why I can't stay pregnant.  Ugh.  Stupid ute. 

And luckily my CD1 was when I woke up Saturday morning.  Oh, I'm so lucky.  Wink

• Options

It's probably better to wait. Since you have a young child, you are probably not DOR, but your FSH and E2 might come back higher on CD5 if you ovulate on the early side and that might make you seem DOR when you are not.

I agree with the posters below. If you need treatment, it will start soon enough :-) even if you must wait out this month.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"