Breastfeeding
Options

XP: question about rooting

I think my LO is cluster feeding (going on day 2 of pretty constant feeding while she's awake and from 1 - 4:30 this morning... ugh!)  But, is there any way I'm misreading her?  Does rooting necessarily mean wanting to feed?  I've tried a paci, but she spits it right out so I don't want to force that issue.  Her weight gain at her first 2 dr's visits was great, and she was on a pretty consistant 2.5 - 3 hr schedule until Sunday PM when she began this rooting.eating binge.  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: question about rooting

• Options
    Sounds like a growth spurt!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Definitely feed her. Rooting is the #1 sign of hunger. I'm not sure if your EBF, but if you are, there is no way to know how much she is getting. Her little tummy is so tiny right now, so she can't hold much in, which is why she wants to eat more often.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm EBF... she latches right on, so I figured that was a sign of what she wanted too.  Thank God she has a good latch!!!
  • Options
    When DS was as old as your LO, there were many nights of near constant nursing.  Hang in there mama, sounds like you're doing great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"