Nurseries and Baby Gear

Hyundai Sonata or Other Car With Bucket Seats and Carseats?

We are looking for a new car, and one of our top 3 choices is the Hyundai Sonata which has bucket seats in the back instead of a bench seat.  I am concerned about installing a carseat, though.  I rather install the carseat in the center since it is supposed to be safer, but then it will be on a hump.  Even on the side, though, I am concerned that it won't fit properly due to the valley of the bucket seat.

Does anyone had a car seat installed in a car with bucket seats?  Were you able to install it in the center?  Do you feel that it is secure?

Thanks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hyundai Sonata or Other Car With Bucket Seats and Carseats?

• I'd go post this question on car-seat.org. The results I'm getting back from my search aren't promising. It sounds like the rock solid installs are on the outboard positions. And the middle isn't necessarily safer, it depends on the ability to install the seat correctly and what the recommendations are from the car and car seat manufacturers. The techs will be able to give you good options.
  • We had an infinity when DD was born, with bucket seats.  The police installed our car seat and did just fine.  She had to be behind the passenger because DH is taller than me and puts the seat further back, and obviously could not go in the middle.  They put a wedge thing under part of her seat to level it.  My logic was that the police know what they are doing and I let them take over - I do not know how to install an infant seat and don't plan to learn (I know, I know, ....  ).  For the twins, we will just have the police do it again.
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Loading the player...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"