January 2012 Moms
Options

Anybody else do this?

I had just put LO down in his crib and was 1/4 of the way through my workout when he started to make cooing noises. My workout (the 30 Day Shred) is only about 20-25 minutes tops. I kept talking to him but didn't bother going over.

Was halfway through when I could tell he was starting to make the hungry faces. I paused for about 30 seconds and moved him to my bed and gave him a pacifier to suck on while I finished. No big deal.

He started to get frustrated when I had about 3 minutes to go, so I did modified pushups. I would lower myself to the bed around him and make a silly noise each time, which he seemed to enjoy.

Now he's happily BFing - which is why I didn't want to stop right then when I could be done for good.

Anybody else try to buy a few moments for themselves like this? :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anybody else do this?

• Options
    DD woke up as soon as I got shampoo in my hair! I let her cry until I finished quickly. I ran out in a towel and stuck her paci in her mouth and ran to get dressed. I knew she wa hungry so I had to be quick, but man did I need a shower!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

Haha, with a toddler around the baby gets to wait quite a bit.  But time to myself - I go back to work next week and am looking forward to the commute Stick out tongue

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh yes. Even more so with DD because I have to attend to DS too. Honestly, most of the time I don't even feel bad about it now. You do what you've got to do!
  • Options
    Absolutely . . . except for the whole working out part. 
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh goodness, yes. If I didn't sometimes stick a pacifier in her mouth, I'd never get anything done. No eating, no cleaning, no bathroom, no shower, nothing!
    DD 1.18.2012
  • Options
    DS has terrible timing.  Any time i try to have a hot meal (which for time sake is usually made in microwave), as soon as microwave is done, he screams.  Or as soon as i sit down on the couch, he cries.  Or if I attempt to shower during day when hubby is gone, he cries as soon as i get in.  I'm conviced we'll never have sex again b/c as soon as we start, i'm sure he'll cry.....  :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yes. When I run on the treadmill, LO starts out in the swing. If she starts to cry, we have a deal that I will keep running until the next 1/2 mile mark. If she is still crying, we switch to tummy time and attempt another 1/2 mile. Pretty much, if she is cranky we change something every half mile for the whole run.

Now that I am back at work, I pretty much have to power through getting ready for work even if she doesn't like it, otherwise we would never make it out the door in the morning. As long as I know that she has eaten recently and has a clean diaper, I try not to feel bad about it.

Duke's House: Eating and Running with the Big Dog in Chennai: eatrunbrit.com

imageimage

2010 Race PRs:

5K - 24:57 10M - 1:28:20 13.1M - 1:57:29 26.2M - 4:28:29

• Options

imagemoleson99:
    DS has terrible timing.  Any time i try to have a hot meal (which for time sake is usually made in microwave), as soon as microwave is done, he screams.  Or as soon as i sit down on the couch, he cries.  Or if I attempt to shower during day when hubby is gone, he cries as soon as i get in.  I'm conviced we'll never have sex again b/c as soon as we start, i'm sure he'll cry.....  :-)

Oh god, this.

But somehow when there is hot food in the mix, the binky will not satisfy him.  This is why most of my meals are consumed while standing up at the counter,  BrestFriend velcroed around my waist and resting on the counter, and child attached to tit and laying on the BrestFriend with a dishtowel over his head to keep him from getting dripped on.  Otherwise, I'd never eat a hot meal. 

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageHuahine:

But somehow when there is hot food in the mix, the binky will not satisfy him.  This is why most of my meals are consumed while standing up at the counter,  BrestFriend velcroed around my waist and resting on the counter, and child attached to tit and laying on the BrestFriend with a dishtowel over his head to keep him from getting dripped on.  Otherwise, I'd never eat a hot meal. 

You are ingenius, I never never thought of that!  I am going to need to pull that thing out of the closet, I have been using the boppy so much I forgot about that thing.  You may have saved my eating habits, I haven't eaten a hot meal in a month.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageHuahine:

You are ingenius, I never never thought of that!  I am going to need to pull that thing out of the closet, I have been using the boppy so much I forgot about that thing.  You may have saved my eating habits, I haven't eaten a hot meal in a month.

• Options
    imageHuahine:

imagemoleson99:

Oh god, this.

Your description of how you eat a hot meal is hilarious!! I'm totally there with you guys, it's like DD has a sensor for when food has just completed cooking, and bam, she suddenly needs me right now, no ifs ands or buts.  And, apparently she wanted to add posting on thebump to the list, because she started screaming as I finished that last sentence!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

LOL, it is definitely a running joke in our house that our LO knows when I'm about to eat. I usually have the boppy on my lap with DS, and I'm eating over him. Because I'm always hungry. Always. And if I didn't do it, I probably wouldn't have time to eat.

Or when you have just changed their diaper, and they immediately give you a stool diaper. Before you have even put their clothes back on.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Worse is the stool that arrives post dirty diaper and pre clean

Diaper.... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"