High-Risk Pregnancy

Cerlcage Removed and off bedrest

Hi Ladies...just wanted to give some inspiration for those that have IC issues.  The doctor put in a Shirodkar cerclage for me at 12 weeks (I miscarried during my last pregnancy due to IC at 16 wks).  My cervix suddenly shortened again (despite the cerlcage) at 16 weeks this time and they put me on bedrest then.  I started the weekly PG17 shots at 17 weeks along with weekly monitoring and strict bedrest.  I can't say it has always been easy because I had a few scares during weeks 23-27 where my cervix shortenened again.  I had the option to continue my bedrest at the hospital or take indocin with monitoring twice a week for 2 weeks.  I did the indocin and the baby didn't have any negative reaction. My doctors did tell me to get ready for a preemie in the event the cerclage wouldn't hold or my water breaks. During my 7th month, the baby started moving up and that was a sign of things getting better.  On Thursday at 36wks 1 day, they removed the cerclage.  I can't say it was a fun experience.  I found it to be very painful.  But good thing it didn't last too long (perhaps 2 minutes).  But it's all for the little one.  I'm now off bedrest.  Super tired all the time since I have to rebuild muscle strength.  Getting myself ready for the big day.  The doc told me with my cervix issues, he doesn't forsee me being in labor for long (hope he's right).  So now it's the waiting game.  For all of you that have cerclages....hang in there and follow the doctors orders.  I was blessed to have lots of support and prayers throughout the pregnancy from friends and family.  Best of luck and I will keep you posted when she comes.  Feel free to PM me or write back if you have questions.

Re: Cerlcage Removed and off bedrest

• Thank you so much for sharing your story.

I have a cerclage and had a really scary night last night, we went to labor and delivery to find I was contracting every 2-3 mins, after IV fluids and 3 shots of terb I am now at home to resume my strict bed rest.

This has all been so scary for me. And reading your success story gives me so much hope. 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad to hear I can help.  Another thing I was told to do was drink PLENTY of water to prevent contractions.  They had me drink a gallon a day. Because dehydration can cause contractions in this case. Not sure if you were told the same thing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for sharing! good luck and wishes for a quick labor. I am going on my 6th week of bedrest with cerclage and this pregnancy is going so slow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"