Baby Showers

Second Time Around Shower

So I'm not sure what the etiquette is on baby showers, but do you have a second baby shower with a second baby or is it really just a one-time thing?  Or do you have a second shower ONLY if your second baby is of the opposite sex?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Second Time Around Shower

• Check out the "Shower for 2nd Baby?" post about half a page down.
  • Thanks!  That's what I get for not looking at the other posts first.  Great info though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My family and hubby's family have showers for every baby... I know on here a lot of people bash you for having more then one shower

• You should go by what's the norm in your family and/or area. Where I'm from, the south, we throw showers for every baby, so nobody would think it was tacky to be invited to a shower for a second baby. Now granted not every single person may think this way, and if they don't they don't go, but still its all about what's the norm for your area!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • IMO showers are for first time moms.

I'm surprised by how many people actually have showers for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. babies.  WHY would these people need showers?  It really sounds gift grabby to me.  I get that they want to celebrate the baby...but that is done AFTER the baby is born (can't really celebrate something that isn't there and God forbid something happens and the pregnancy ends).  If they want to celebrate every pregnancy (really I could care less if someone is pregnant or not...but would like to get a brand new mom-to-be things to start out with) then why not just have a party and don't call it a shower?  I guess some people just have a lot of extra money...or their families do.

• imagejju_stb_jju:
    You should go by what's the norm in your family and/or area. Where I'm from, the south, we throw showers for every baby, so nobody would think it was tacky to be invited to a shower for a second baby. Now granted not every single person may think this way, and if they don't they don't go, but still its all about what's the norm for your area!

I've grown up in the south.  I still live in the south. And it's still tacky in the south.

• imageCranang:

imagejju_stb_jju:
    You should go by what's the norm in your family and/or area. Where I'm from, the south, we throw showers for every baby, so nobody would think it was tacky to be invited to a shower for a second baby. Now granted not every single person may think this way, and if they don't they don't go, but still its all about what's the norm for your area!

I've grown up in the south.  I still live in the south. And it's still tacky in the south.

Ditto Georgia.  It's just not done.
  • For her second and third children, my friend had "meet the baby" parties instead, and just had her family pass the word on that gifts weren't necessary, but if they wanted to bring anything, bring diapers. I thought it was a pretty good idea.
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • oh i should have also put that after the first big "shower" the next ones werent big parties, in our families and also from friends showers i have been invited to, they have been under 15 people and all women, and there were no registries or games, mainly it was just get togethers. my dh's sis had her 3rd recently and we had a small shower for her, it was just her, her dh, us, my mil, their other brother and his g/f and that was it. i guess it just depends on the family you have and what they do in your family.

• imageWiFeY 4 LiFeY:

My family and hubby's family have showers for every baby... I know on here a lot of people bash you for having more then one shower

THIS

• imagemamigee:
    imageWiFeY 4 LiFeY:

My family and hubby's family have showers for every baby... I know on here a lot of people bash you for having more then one shower

THIS

THIS for me too! I had NO idea it was tacky to have a baby shower for someones 2nd child

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"