Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Awake time

DS is not quite 6m yet, but I figure I'll get more input on this board.

Sleep turned on us when DS was about 3.5m and was slowly getting better. However it's been about a week that sleep has gotten worse again. Naps have always been crap, but we seem to be getting some good naps more often now.

A few weeks ago I noticed he was able to stay up a little longer between naps, so I was getting him ready at the 2h mark, he would be put down at about the 2h15m mark and fell asleep within 10 minutes. This week, I'm seeing a lot of tired signs way earlier than usual (sometimes within 1h, 1.5h).

I was excited because longer awake periods was allowing me to get a schedule set. Now it's all going out the window. I'm not sure if it's due to his night sleep regressing again - who knows.

Anyone else experience something similar? How would you deal with it?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Awake time

• Options

A majority of babies hit a growth spurt around 6 months (my kiddo hit it right on the nose). They tend to want to sleep more, but usual sleeping patterns are screwed up. Llyn, for example, went from 2 one hour naps per day & sleeping 12 hours at night, to 3 one hour naps per day & sleeping maybe 9 hours at night, but with lots of little wake-ups. This pattern lasted about 3 weeks & then she settled again. Her schedule is not quite the same as it was pre-spurt, but pretty close. Hopefully that all this is & little one will start getting back into a schedule again. GL!

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

• Options

Someone posted this a while back and I've found it really helpful - it's info on optimal wake times, organized by age of child:

https://www.babywisemom.com/2008/07/optimal-waketime-lengths.html

I know with my son that his wake times are shorter at the beginning of the day (1hr 15 min) and gradually increase with each one (2.5-3 hrs right before bed). You really have to figure out your own baby's signs and follow their lead. Each wake time might not be the same, but he'll let you know when he's tired! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"