Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Teething tablets...

What are your thoughts?

Pedi told us we shouldn't use them, but never gave us a reason why. A friend of mine with a LO the same age said today how much they help so I am wondering whats bad about them. I know Orajel is a no no because of the numbing of the throat and gag reflexes. 

I have been giving her rice rusks to gnaw on and when she is just absolutely miserable I have given tylenol. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Teething tablets...

• We used them a few times but they didn't seem to do anything.  I swear by the amber teething necklaces though.  We didn't have it for N's first 2 teeth and he was a fussy mess.  After we got it, he cut 5 teeth (4 at the same time) and we never even knew it until we saw them in there one day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We used them with both kids. They worked well for us.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have always used them. I don't like pumping him up with tylenol or ibuprofren all day for several days so he can sleep.

They work well for us. The thing that people are concerned about is the bella donna in them. If the baby takes to many, they can die. But doesn't this go for any medication???

• imagecatie333:

I have always used them. I don't like pumping him up with tylenol or ibuprofren all day for several days so he can sleep.

They work well for us. The thing that people are concerned about is the bella donna in them. If the baby takes to many, they can die. But doesn't this go for any medication???

Let me edit to say that, i use Tylenol and Ibuprofren when I think he really needs it. Obviously when he is sick or has a fever or in pain above and beyond annoying teething pain. He has been teething non-stop since 13 weeks old. He has 6 teeth at 7 months and three more coming in now. If I relied only on medications, he'd have been on them everyday for 4 months, So the teething tablets have been a godsend

• We use thet tablets and they are miracle workers for my LO's! I stopped using the Oraljel a long time ago because it just didn't seem to help (probabaly because I was afraid of using too much and having their entire mouths go numb). But I pop 2 of those tablets under their tongues and with in a few minutes the screaming and crying is done and I have happy babies again.

I'm also thinking about getting one of the amber necklaces as I've met a few moms who swear by them also.

image image image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"