Texas Babies

Did any of you deliver at Univsersity

Hi ladies! I'll be delivering at University and was wondering if any of you could let me know about your experiences? Good/bad?

BabyFruit Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image image IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Did any of you deliver at Univsersity

• Wish I could be of some help but I'm wondering the same thing. I'll be delivering at University this time but my first was at Methodist.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemeggiepoo87:
    Wish I could be of some help but I'm wondering the same thing. I'll be delivering at University this time but my first was at Methodist.

How did you like Methodist?  That's where I'll be and this is my first 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't personally delivered at University but I just spoke with someone who did, the other day and she was pretty unhappy with the experience.
  • Ugh, I'm supposed to deliver there in May and it is completely freaking me out the lack of maternity ward reviews.  It's ridiculous how you can find PLENTY from any other hospital, literally - even the new one off stone oak (Methodist) that just opened up a year ago, but NOTHING for University. o_O Someone was trying to say that teaching hospitals are great hospitals but man, I'd rather hear some stories!
  • I know what you mean @jrhaugastad!

All the reviews I see are terrible ER reviews....

I'm not too happy with the service I get and am still looking for another doctor. But I'm high-risk so I've got to be careful where I look, Hopefully they'll change my mind and I'll stay with them when I go in for my appt on Monday 

BabyFruit Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image image IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I delivered there.  It is a teaching hospital so there will be plenty of people coming in to check on you.  I had about 3 people every time come in with the OB - a combo of med students and residents. That said, I did have a GREAT experience.  At delivery it was just my OB, one resident and the delivery nurse (and DH).  

The delivery nurses (I was there through 2 shifts) were fantastic.  I have nothing but great things to say about them.  

Most of the post partum nurses were great also- all except for my last one.  I was there 2 nights and discharged on Saturday.  Maybe it was just the weekend crew. Anyway, my nurse disappeared without doing my discharge stuff.  The paperwork for my son was drawn up and gone over with us before he was even finished with his circ - very efficient had my nurse been on the ball as well.

Oh, do the babyU.  You get a free car seat (convertible one up to like 40 lbs) and we also got a second one and I think we only paid $25 or so since we went thru the babyU.  I also highly recommend the baby classes that they do - I forget the name but the one that costs.  I had Marisol as the instructor and she was WONDERFUL!  She is also a delivery nurse and as great as she was for the class I'm sure you would be so lucky to get her as your nurse!

If you have any specific questions, let me know.  Hope this helps. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh yeah, the pedi nurses were good too.  I wanted to EBFand they were very accommodating.  One kinda sucked though.  I needed to sleep so we sent DS to the nursery.  She gave me a tough time because I didn't want him to have a paci yet or a bottle.  She said if she couldn't keep him calm and she wasn't allowed to give him those things she'd bring him back.  She managed and I got to sleep.  

The lactation consultants were life savers!  I dont know how many times they came down - at all hours - to help me.  They made sure I knew how to work the pump before I left as well. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I pm'ed you what I've heard about them, since it was second hand information, I wasn't comfortable posting it on a message board.
  • I honestly wish I could deliver at Methodist again. Unfortunately, neither one of the doctors I've had this pregnancy are affiliated with Methodist.

That being said, the experience I had at Methodist was nothing short of amazing. My daughter had to be taken to the NICU for various reasons. The staff was incredible. All of the doctors, nurses, etc were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hospital to anyone who asks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was in a car accident at 20 weeks and I had to spend the night at university. The triage sucked but once I moved into an l&d room it wasn't bad. The staff was friendly and the room was clean and big. Even in triage the people were nice.

I delivered at methodist though. It was nice too. I loved the staff with the exception of the LC. She wasn't very helpful. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mark 14:52

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"