Pregnant after IF

New to Board/Concern about Spotting

I found out last week that IVF was successful and I am now 5 weeks pregnant. I've had occasional cramping/pinching/bloating, but this morning I had my first spotting. It was light pink, then light brown, and while I've read that can be normal, of course I'm scared. I have fibroids and endometriosis so me RE thought achieving pregnancy would be difficult, so I'm really on guard about this. I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning so thankfully I don't have to wait too long but this will be the longest day ever.

Can anyone else share their experience with spotting?

Severe endo & fibroids, IVF #1 BFP with twins, Gabriel Mark (5/20/12) & Zachary David (5/24/12)- said goodbye to my two angels at 17 weeks due to pprom. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

IVF#2 FET 9/24, Beta #1 10/3...

My Blog: http://theunfixableme.blogspot.com/

Re: New to Board/Concern about Spotting

• I had similar spotting twice early on. RE said many women experience this. unless it is conjunction with really bad cramps I don't think you have to worry. Although that didn't stop my heart from stopping both times I saw it. hugs
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats and welcome. I experienced pink spotting and some blood at 6w and again at almost 7w. I called my RE immediately the first time and they had me come in the next morning. Nothing could be found and the spotting stopped a few hours after it began. If you are nervous I would call your RE just to be safe.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • I had spotting before my BFP.  Got it again about a week later.  And then got it again with bleeding later on.  None of my u/s should a problem until the one I got when I was bleeding which ended up being SCH (which resolved itself at week 11).  It is probably just implantation spotting but for piece of mind I would call you RE. 
  • I had some pink spotting around 8 weeks, but it only lasted a few hours and everything seemed to be fine after.  GL tomorrow - I know it's impossible not to worry.  Also, welcome and congrats!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I had a couple spotting incidents in first tri - as you can see from my ticker, it all turned out okay!  I know it is scary, but try to hang in there and know that most of the time things are just fine.
  • Mt RE said that 50% of their patients have spotting, and most of them are just fine. They didn't even want a phone call unless there was heavy bleeding. Hang in there - I know how scary it is to see any amount of blood!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Cautiously expecting our second little petri dish baby - stick, Baby, stick!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Congrats and welcome!!

I had pink spotting that turned into brown spotting at 6 weeks and 8 weeks both times I had a u/s that day and they couldn't find a reason for the spotting. I had bright red blood at 10 weeks and again they couldn't find a reason for the bleeding when they did an u/s. Recently I had bright red bleeding again at 32 weeks, and again the u/s showed nothing.

Anytime I have had or have bleeding, I always try to get in that same day. My OB always tells me that some people just bleed, but that never makes me feel any better.

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"