Maryland Babies

zomg it's the 4 month wakeful

I know a lot of people think this is some made-up phenomena that occurs in bumpland, but it has happened for both my kids now!

Blake was doing really well, only waking up once during the night. The past week has been just awful. he is up every 1-2 hours. like as soon as I shut my eyes to go back to sleep, he is up again. I think I ended up in Sean's bed by myself for an hour or two last night, while Sean was in our bed with DH. It is like musical beds in my house at night.

I don't know what Blake's deal is. Mostly he is hungry, but at 4 am I went in his room and he was laying there wide awake grinning and squealing at me like he was ready to play. I need a coffee IV.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: zomg it's the 4 month wakeful

• Ugh, I don't miss that. I hope it's a very quick regression for you! If I can remember, I think B's only last a couple weeks (which probably sounds like forever to you right now but in hindsight it wasn't awful). Go grab another coffee!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry - that blows!   Ummmm. ... sleep training?  I'm just saying. . . .

Take care of yourself though - take a day off to sleep if you need to - sick mommy and 2 non-sleeping kids is not a good combo.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I'm having dreams of sending them both to daycare and then going home to sleep all day.
  • I hear you!  LJ was awake pretty much every half hour from 2:30-4:30 (every 1.5-2 hours before that), eating on more than 1 of the wakings, when I finally brought her into bed with me.  It doesn't help that she has a cold and wakes herself up coughing.  :-(  This has been going off/on for a couple of weeks now, so it HAS to end soon.  Right?  Right??
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Good Luck! 

We still have not recovered from the 4MW.  She hasn't STTN in MONTHS so we've been cosleeping since just after Thanksgiving.  Sometimes I think her STTN was just a myth.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • I think the term 4MW is a Bump thing, but it's still a real thing! Sending you a huge mug of coffee - 4MW sucks!!! Ditto Kathryn on the sleep training, though we had better luck with it when he was a little older (like 6m). Unfortunately for us, this phase lasted for a couple months - I hope it's shorter for you!!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • I thought it was a made-up bump thing also until it hit us. :( Ours lasted about a month, maybe six weeks. On my birth month group I heard about it lasting most commonly a couple weeks. I'm sorry you're going through it and with two kiddos! I hope it goes quickly and this is all a thing of the past very, very soon!
  • imageras26:
    I hear you!  LJ was awake pretty much every half hour from 2:30-4:30 (every 1.5-2 hours before that), eating on more than 1 of the wakings, when I finally brought her into bed with me.  It doesn't help that she has a cold and wakes herself up coughing.  :-(  This has been going off/on for a couple of weeks now, so it HAS to end soon.  Right?  Right??

Well, I hope it ends soon for you! I probably shouldn't tell you that Sean's 4 month wakeful dragged on until he finally STTN at 10 months.... Tongue Tied

• Oh no that sucks!! Lots of coffee to you, and I say you go for it with taking the day off to sleep. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sad Hope it's over soon.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm not looking forward to any of this in the next 7 weeks. Hope it ends soon.

• Oh that stinks!!  I hope you all get some sleep soon!
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • The term might be a bump thing but the pediatrician warned us on Friday that it might occur.  She said that it is due to a change in their sleep cycle and that they are waking up during light sleep. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"