Babies: 9 - 12 Months

What are your bedtime routines?

Can you please share your bedtime routines with your LO?s?  I?d love to hear some ideas because I need to change ours now that she?s getting older.

Thank you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What are your bedtime routines?

• My DD's bedtime is around 7:30 every night unless it's been a busy day and she is tired and hungry earlier, then I will put her down around 7.

For the 7:30 schedule, it looks like this:

7:00 - bath

7:10 - California Baby lavendar calendula lotion (relaxes her, she loves it) and dressed in PJ's

7:15 - Few minutes of sing/calm play time in her room

7:20ish - Bottle

7:25 - book and then bed

• H and I take turns putting LO to bed - actual falling asleep (he is still rocked). H will feed him his dinner to give me a break and we bathe him together.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ours has been basically the same since Lila was born.  Time is changing right now, but here's the schedule we were on:

730 bath

750 lotion, jammies on, prayers, sleep sack on

800 last feeding (5 minutes each side, lamp on)

810/815 lamp off, lay down in crib, turn on music

I've been trying to add a book in, but I'm not sure where it's going to end up in the final schedule.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • She eats dinner around 6:30, then we have a little quiet play time or reading time. By 7:45pm she's in the bath, then diaper/lotion/PJs, nurse, crib. We sing songs while she's getting her lotion & PJs on. She's down by 8:30 most nights and STTN until 9am. This has been her routine since 3 weeks old.

I don't plan to change anything until she self-weans off the before bed nursing, but I honestly don't think it will be long before she does. I'm never full at bedtime anymore despite no daytime feedings and she only nurses 5-10 minutes. Once she weans off it completely, we'll do a cup of milk after play/reading, then add in a teeth brushing with bathtime. Then it'll be diaper/lotion/PJs, book or singing, bed.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Around 6- DD has dinner with Mommy and Daddy

630-730 Playtime 

730- Bath or sponge bath (alternate due to dry skin), lotion/massage, pajamas

750- Bottle in living room with lights off, TV turned low

We normally put her into her crib around 8:15 and she plays for about 15 minutes before dozing off.  She SSTN until 7-730. 

I'm thinking about adding a book after her bottle since she's been wide awake post-bottle recently.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"