May 2011 Moms

Lisa & Iris

Night one of ST is done. Phew.

I need some good sleep vibes and what nots from my sleep gurus for night two please :)  

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart

Re: Lisa & Iris

• How did it go?? 

This first week will be rough, but it gets so much easier as you continue to remain consistent.  Also, nights 3 and 4 you might see even greater resistance, but that's normal.

Hang in there!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think we did ok. I switched up the bedtime routine so that he's not nursing to sleep (obviously) and I put him down at his normal bedtime, awake. He cried for 22 minutes with variances in the hysterics. I didn't go in and check on him because I knew it would make him worse - my goal was 25 minutes. 

Whether its a coincidence of not, I don't know, but he only woke up at 10pm and 3am (up at 6am for the day). We had been back to waking every two hours. It should be interesting to see what today brings.  I will admit that I am not looking forward to it getting harder though. 

I guess after we kick the nighttime nurse-to-sleep habit, we'll start working on naps.  

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• Loading the player...
  • You've got this.  Just be consistent. Repeat x1000. lol

And don't even start with naps until you have established night sleep.  Sometimes this feels backwards to me, but just trust.  If you need me use my lisafrank2010 email. I'm here.

<3

• Good luck!!  I know it is hard, but hang in there!  Crying will not hurt him.  Like Lisa said, be consistent.  Let us know how it goes tonight :)

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageiris427:
    Good luck!!  I know it is hard, but hang in there!  Crying will not hurt him.  Like Lisa said, be consistent.  Let us know how it goes tonight :)

And like Iris said, crying will NOT hurt him! It's not at all fun to hear, but it's his only means of communication.  Get out your headphones and intermittently listen to the monitor.  (((Hugs)))

• Alright ladies, your update :) 

Night #2 - No tears, up at 10pm and 3am  (same as night #1)....

Night #2 - Cried for 2 minutes, up at 12:45am and 3:15am...

While running the risk of jinxing myself, this has seemed to be a little too easy. I only met strong resistance on the first night. Last night, with not waking until 12:45am, it was the longest stretch of sleep he's had in a very long time.

My parents are coming over for dinner tonight so hopefully that doesn't screw things up ;/

Thank you for all of your awesome support xo 

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• Awesome!  I hope it continues to be this easy for you.  Yay for sleep!

I'm psyching myself up to do round 2 of sleep training--he goes to bed on his own pretty well initially, but he still wants to nurse when he wakes up (which is usually only once a night now, thankfully).  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • That is so great to hear, Kerr!!  I hope tonight is smooth sailin'! Keep me posted.

And Iris, good luck to you as well.  Cece is still toothless, so her sleep is all whacked out right now. Fun times! ;)

• Are you using the Jodi Mendell book, Kerr?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLisa Frank:

That is so great to hear, Kerr!!  I hope tonight is smooth sailin'! Keep me posted.

And Iris, good luck to you as well.  Cece is still toothless, so her sleep is all whacked out right now. Fun times! ;)

Teething is the worst.  Gus has his bottom two, but I think his top teeth are starting to move because his sleep has been kinda funky lately.  May we all get a good night's sleep tonight :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagecarishabob:
    Are you using the Jodi Mendell book, Kerr?

Yep!  

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• imageiris427:

Awesome!  I hope it continues to be this easy for you.  Yay for sleep!

I'm psyching myself up to do round 2 of sleep training--he goes to bed on his own pretty well initially, but he still wants to nurse when he wakes up (which is usually only once a night now, thankfully).  

I was right, it was too easy! Night #4 was a disaster. In D's defense, we had company through his bedtime so his routine was a bit screwed up and he didn't nap well through out the day so he was over tired. He went down fine but we were back to 5 wake ups :( Lets hope that was a fluke.

Why do you want to kick that last feeding? Just because he's old enough and should STTN?   

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• imagekerrbear72:
    imageiris427:

I was right, it was too easy! Night #4 was a disaster. In D's defense, we had company through his bedtime so his routine was a bit screwed up and he didn't nap well through out the day so he was over tired. He went down fine but we were back to 5 wake ups :( Lets hope that was a fluke.

Why do you want to kick that last feeding? Just because he's old enough and should STTN?   

My problem is that he WILL NOT go back to sleep without nursing.  If my husband tries to get up with him and comfort him he screams like he is being brutally murdered.  I don't mind it so much when he only wakes up once a night but when he wakes up more often and I'm the only one who can get him back to sleep, it's draining.  He will be 10 months in a few days and I think that is old enough that we can kick the habit of needing to nurse at night. But we'll see how it goes.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagekerrbear72:
    imageiris427:

That regression is normal.  Be consistent! This is where it's key that you stick to it, even though it seems like he's back to his old ways.

Good luck tonight!

• imagekerrbear72:
    imageiris427:

That regression is normal.  Be consistent! This is where it's key that you stick to it, even though it seems like he's back to his old ways.

Good luck tonight!

• imageLisa Frank:
    imagekerrbear72:
    imageiris427:

Good luck tonight!

Thank you for being my cheerleader :)

Last night was better but with 3 wake ups. I'll keep at it and hope he just magically starts STTN.

On a more positive note, he was more interested in story time last night than squeezing in one more quick nursing session before book!

DS 6.12.11

TTC#2

• It sounds like he's doing really well! How did it go last night, Kerr?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"