January 2012 Moms

Post Partum Discharge - TMI

FTM - Vaginal delivery, episiotomy and 2nd degree tears... I've had a consistant yellow discharge since I stopped bleeding 2-3wks pptm. It stings the skin when I pee and doesn't cause itching but it does smell foul/sour. I took meds week 2 for a yeast infection and its been around since (I'm about 5/6wks pp) and I thought it was my body getting back to normal but now its just smelly and uncomfortable. Anyone else have this? I have my 6wk pp appointment this week wondering what she'll say.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Post Partum Discharge - TMI

• I had it as well and it actually turned a yellow-green color for about a week. It finally stopped around 6 weeks PP. Now I have no discharge at all at 8 weeks PP.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't had this issue and you should definitely bring it up at your appointment but I wanted to suggest probiotics especially since you were on antibiotics.  It can help re establish the healthy flora in your gut and vagina

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It could still be a yeast infection without itching. I'm battling a rash and yeast infection. It is awful. The doctor actually gave me a powder to use to fight the yeast an keep things dry. 
  • I just called and left a message for my OB for nearly identical issues (no odor though). I have my 6 wk appt next Monday, but I feel like things should be feeling better down there at week 5. My 2nd degree tear still hurts/burns and I still have discharge and discomfort, especially when walking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekali55:
    I haven't had this issue and you should definitely bring it up at your appointment but I wanted to suggest probiotics especially since you were on antibiotics.  It can help re establish the healthy flora in your gut and vagina

What kind of probiotics do you suggest?

• imagekiwiadiremWed231308:
    I just called and left a message for my OB for nearly identical issues (no odor though). I have my 6 wk appt next Monday, but I feel like things should be feeling better down there at week 5. My 2nd degree tear still hurts/burns and I still have discharge and discomfort, especially when walking.

I'll keep you posted on what she says on wednesday. I feel the same! Glad I'm not the only one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"