Parenting after a Loss
Options

Disneyland, take 2 tomorrow-any tips? (vflipo?)

I think we are going to make it this time! We are going with my parents, brother and sister. DH has to work :( I'm nervous about DL with a baby, just hauling her stroller and gear, diaper changes, NIP(she still periodically boycotts the nursing cover), not to mention how she'll handle it and the drive! Any tips from those of you who've done this? I'm bringing her stroller plus the Ergo and plan to wear her in line. I'm also paranoid someone will steal my stroller so I'm bringing a bike lock. Is that nuts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Disneyland, take 2 tomorrow-any tips? (vflipo?)

• Options
    Dressing rooms in shops make a good nursing cover boycott area. I when to Disney world with Em last Nov no one took the stroller but it does get moved so just keep looking if you don't see it where you put it. Putting an clip-on umbrella on your stroller makes it easier to spot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageRachaelA:

You can't lock the stroller to something. The castmembers need to be able to move it if necessary. On my Disney message board someone mentioned a way to lock the back to wheels so they don't spin very well and then the CM can tip it more forward to move it. That way no one will want to steal a stroller that doesn't move very well.

Do they have babycare centers at DL like they do at DW?

That was my plan, just lock the wheels together so it would be hard to roll all the way out of the park but could still be scooted wherever.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just wanted to say that rain is predicted for tonight, but should clear up by the morning. It might still be a little wet walking around tomorrow.
    My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
    BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
    BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
    BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
    BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
    BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
    BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d
  • Options

I've only been to DW, but I think it's probably really similar. They have baby care centers in the parks that are really nice- air conditioned, have lots of changing tables and rocking chairs for nursing.

And we went with our expensive BOB stroller and left it all over the park, never had a problem. I've never heard of anyone having problems with a stroller being stolen, and I saw some expensive strollers there too. Just make sure you tie a ribbon or scarf on it so people don't accidentally take it, and don't leave anything in it, like bags.

• Options

There's a baby care center on main street you can use to nurse if she doesn't like the cover. They have private areas you can use :) You can't lock the stroller to something, like a fence or whatever, since cast members move them around. I worry about mine getting stolen, but we've been several times and leave it unattended a lot, and so far no issues. A usually spends a lot of the time in the Ergo and the stroller is just the carry all for our bags and stuff.

How long is the drive? Make sure you have plenty of toys and things to distract her. We forgot toys last time and the 6 hour drive was not pleasant without them. The iPad was sort of a distraction, but she never watches TV so I wasn't surprised that Up didn't keep her attention for very long. The good new is that you will have plenty of other people with you to help. Hopefully they actually help. If they don't, kick them in the nads.

I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Options
    Lol V, that is good advice. The drive is 1-2 hours one way, depending on traffic. My mom and I are driving separately with DD in case we want or need to leave early. My mom is going to sit in back to distract DD. We have a bag of toys ready to go, some of which she has never even seen before, and a bunch of her favorite music, but I really hope she sleeps!
  • Options
    GL with everything! I hope you have a blast!
    BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a dumb question. I'd like to head up to DL when P is a little older. How does it work if I go with my husband and we want to go on the rides? Obvs we can't ride together, but are they cool with one of us going on and then passing the baby over to the other person? Or is that just annoying and confusing? For some reason I don't remember seeing anyone do this. How do you do grown up rides with a baby, or is it possible?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageNeenyW:
    I have a dumb question. I'd like to head up to DL when P is a little older. How does it work if I go with my husband and we want to go on the rides? Obvs we can't ride together, but are they cool with one of us going on and then passing the baby over to the other person? Or is that just annoying and confusing? For some reason I don't remember seeing anyone do this. How do you do grown up rides with a baby, or is it possible?
    Yeah you can baby swap so you can both ride!
  • Options

imageitsmegin:
    imageNeenyW:
    Yeah you can baby swap so you can both ride!

Excellent, thanks! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"