Nurseries and Baby Gear

backpack diaper bag under $50?

I have a diaper bag that is rather girly.   H was just going to use this travel changing pad thing that folds up and has pockets for all the essentials since he wasn't going to have the baby out by himself a lot.  However, he might now be a SAHD and definitely needs a good diaper bag and would prefer a backpack style but I don't want to spend a lot.  Any suggestions?

Re: backpack diaper bag under $50?

• My DH just used a regular backpack and we threw in a changing pad - instant diaper bag.. =)
    Photobucket Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • imageduckiegrl:
    My DH just used a regular backpack and we threw in a changing pad - instant diaper bag.. =)

That seems like the most logical idea.  We can still get the changing pad with all the pockets to hold small stuff and put it in a regular backpack to have room for the larger items.

• Loading the player...
  • If you're willing to spend a little more I recommend the skip hop via backpack.  I've owned a lot of diaper bags and this one has been my favorite by far.  It's a great bag.  I ordered it online through bed, bath, and beyond.  They sell it for $69.99 and if you get a 20% online coupon you can get it for $55.99. 

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=15142944&

imageimageimageimage
  • It's a little more than your budget ($55) but I think the L.L.Bean Super Deluxe backpack would be a great diaper bag. It has a large main pouch, a smaller full size pouch that would hold a changing pad and diapers, and two bottle pouches on the sides.

I have one of these backpacks that I use when I travel and it holds a ton.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Re: LL Bean: it totally might be worth it to buy one of those bags! I had a similar backpack (I think it was the same one, just an older model). I used it daily at first, and then less frequently. After 10 years, the inner lining started to shed. I figured I'd test the "guarantee" and sure enough, they sent me a brand new one despite the fact that it was 10+ years old and that I had received it as a gift and thus didn't have any of the original info. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that $55 for a backpack that will literally last forever is a great deal. :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"