Special Needs
Options

Next Botox appt set

March 23.  Remind me again ladies, that it's worse on me than on him!

It's an awful experience I wouldn't wish on anyone, I've never heard DS scream so badly.  He lost his breath, threw up, and was just out of it all day.

However, he learned to sit, army crawl, crawl and now he's knee walking while pushing the laundry basket.  

The end definitely justifies the means but I'm still dreading it.

We did his hamstrings  last time and this time we're going to do his calf muscles.  Depending on his evaluation he'll either just get botox or he'll get botox and casting done.  His calf muscles are so tight he can't walk.  He can step, but he can't pull his toes up to strike the ground with his heel and then roll his foot.  So essentially he's trying to stand/walk while his knees are bent and it's making it really difficult.

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: Next Botox appt set

• Options
    He made miraculous progress last time. Definitely hoping that continues and maybe the procedure is less traumatic for everyone involved. So glad he is making so much progress. Keep us updated and good luck!
  • Options
    That does sound awful, but like he's made amazing progress from it. Can they do any light sedation at all? I'll hope that the calf treatment is as effective as the treatment of his hamstrings has been.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"