Babies: 9 - 12 Months

nursing question

If you still nurse, do you nurse from one side or both?  And how many times a day?

DS is  down to about 4 nursings a day...morning and evening are longer but the ones between are short....I try to do both sides in AM and PM and I am lucky I get one side for a few minutes in between. 

Re: nursing question

• I've always nursed from only one side. I've dealt with a milk oversupply issue, so I'm used to single-side nursing sessions throughout the day. The only exception is the last nursing session of the day, right before bed. For that one, I offer both sides and she takes both sides. This way, I empty both my breasts before bed and give her a fuller tummy.

As far as frequency, I don't keep count, but I'm guessing we are at around 8 sessions per 24 hours. This may be on the high end, but each session tends to last only 3-4 minutes.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• I nurse on only one side about 4x daily with one middle of the night feeding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I nurse him when he first wakes up, 3 minutes on the right and about 12 minutes on the left. I nurse him again when he goes to bed, about 12 minutes on each side. I don't cut him off, that's just his own pattern. That's it for the day, nursing-wise.
  • I've only ever nursed one side at a time. We nurse anywhere from 3-5 times a day and a few times overnight still.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD will be 9 months on Monday, and I only nurse on one side at most feedings.  She nurses at 7, 10, 1, 4, and 7 roughly when I'm at home (and takes bottles around those times at DC during the week).  No overnight feedings since sleep training.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Both sides, three times per 24 hours. We just cut from four to three at 11m. Shes very efficient and only does 2-4 mins each side. She dropped her night feedings by herself way back around 4m. This kid loves her sleep!
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • DS is a boob addict, so he always does both during the day with no problem. If he wants to nurse overnight, I only offer one side, though. Just trying to get him back to sleep ASAP.
  • I nurse from both sides. During the week, she nurses 3-4x per day and gets three sippy cups at daycare. On the weekends, it's more like 5-6x.
  • I always nurse on both sides. I can't imagine only nursing on one side. I would leak and be really uncomfortable.

During the week I usually nurse at 6am, 5pm (although this session is getting really short like less than five minutes), 7pm and sometimes around 3am (this session is getting less frequent). She gets one bottle during the day usually 6-8 oz mixed formula and breast milk. When I'm home on the weekend, she might nurse an extra time during the day. We don't really keep a schedule.

• J only nurses on one side, but because I had such bad breast tissue injury/infection on the right, he doesn't have much choice. 

He nurses first thing in the AM, before both of his naps, and at bedtime. He wakes up through out the night sometimes, and I just nurse him back to sleep. so anywhere from 4-8 times a day. 

• I nurse both sides still.  We nurse about 3-4 times a day.  Once in the morning, once we I pick him up from the sitter, maybe before or after dinner, and then when he goes to bed.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Both sides. 3 or 4 times a day. She's also really efficient/quick.
           I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• DD nurses 4x during the day and 1-2x at night. All of the sessions are just 1 boob except for bedtime, when she takes both.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • During the week, DS nurses twice a day, in the morning when he wakes up (around 6:30) and before bed (around 8:30). He gets 3 BM bottles at daycare. On weekends we nurse about 5 times a day, sometimes 4. He doesn't nurse overnight. He gets both sides at every session. During daytime sessions he spends about 5 minutes on each sides; early AM and bedtime feedings are a little longer (10-15 minutes per side, although some of that is probably comfort nursing).

• Nursing on one side every time. I have always nursed that way.  Let's see... first thing in the morning.... for 2 naps and often 2 other times during the day (late morning and late afternoon). Plus before bed. 6 times, not including the middle of the night.
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"