Hearing from OB at Army hospital — The Bump
Military Families

Hearing from OB at Army hospital

I went to the hospital at Fort Benning last Tuesday to get a blood test and the lab called later that day to tell me it was positive. They said an OB nurse would be in touch with me shorty to schedule my first appointment. Is it normal that I have not been called back yet? I am anxious to do another blood test to check my hcg levels because I had a miscarriage last month.

Re: Hearing from OB at Army hospital

• You should call back and request another blood draw. The Benning clinics are notorious for not calling back in a timely fashion. I didn't have my intake appointment until 6 weeks and then wasn't scheduled for another one until 11 weeks because we were PCSing during my 12th week. 
    TTC since 2007. Dx PCOS 6/2010
    4 unsuccessful rounds of Clomid
    Clomid 50mg - BFP #1 - February 7, 2010 Missed miscarriage March 25, 2010
    Clomid 100 mg - BFP #2 - October 28, 2010 Chemical pregnancy November 4, 2010
    IUI #1 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - Femera + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #3 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #4 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #5 - Menopur + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IVF #1 - Microdose Lupron Flare protocol = BFN
    FET = BFN - lost all remaining embryos
    IVF 2.0 - In progress. 20 retrieved. 16 mature. 10 fertilized with ICSI. 3, grade I embryos transferred, 7 made to freeze. Currently in the 2ww.
  • Thanks, I'll do that! 

• Loading the player...
  • At most MTF (and civilian providers for that matter), it's pretty common to not be seen until 10 or 11 weeks, sometimes even not until 12, unless there are problems.  You could call back and request another blood draw but I wouldn't necessarily expect to be seen by a doctor until closer to the end of the 1st trimester. 

Good luck, OP!  Hope you're able to get in sooner!

• image mrswright2610:

Thanks, I'll do that! 

You're welcome and good luck! I know how nerve-wracking it is when you have had a miscarriage before.  

TTC since 2007. Dx PCOS 6/2010
    4 unsuccessful rounds of Clomid
    Clomid 50mg - BFP #1 - February 7, 2010 Missed miscarriage March 25, 2010
    Clomid 100 mg - BFP #2 - October 28, 2010 Chemical pregnancy November 4, 2010
    IUI #1 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - Femera + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #3 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #4 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #5 - Menopur + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IVF #1 - Microdose Lupron Flare protocol = BFN
    FET = BFN - lost all remaining embryos
    IVF 2.0 - In progress. 20 retrieved. 16 mature. 10 fertilized with ICSI. 3, grade I embryos transferred, 7 made to freeze. Currently in the 2ww.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards