Washington Babies

Hi Seattle ladies! - Girl Name Help?

Hi Ladies! Don't know if you remember me, but I was on the Seattle board for a while before we moved to Ohio in 2010. We're expecting a little girl in May, and are having trouble coming up with a name! I found my son's name from a post on this board a long time ago (Finley), so I thought I would try here again. We want something a little unique like Finley :) Any suggestions?

TIA! And hello from Ohio!!! I miss you ladies!
Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
Baby Sister is coming soon!

Re: Hi Seattle ladies! - Girl Name Help?

• Hey! Welcome back! I am having a hard time thinking of names, but I remember using the website nymbler.com and got some good ideas, with more unique names. I will try to remember the ones we liked. I do remember that I loved Lila, but DH vetoed it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just *knew* I was having boys so I didnt put much effort into it, but here are the girl names from my list:

Tatum

Delaney

Hadley

Penelope

Bianca

Ashton

Whitney

Gwen/Gwenith/Gwendolen

Emerson (Emmy, Emme)

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Delaney and Daphne, but they both go well with my DD's name so maybe that is why.
    Our first little one is getting big!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Number two

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My nieces name is so pretty and unique. Caitrin (Kay-Trin). I believe it's the Gaelic form of Catherine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • When you said Finley - the first thing that came to my mind for a girl was "Quinn"

just my .02

• The names that we like are Noelle Elizabeth, Caitlin Noelle, and Faith Noelle.  I like the classic pretty girl names. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • So, I associate Finley with a small town in Washington.  Going with that theme, here are a few names based from WA cities that might work...

Beaux

Lacey

Buckley

Lind

Since you live in Ohio, no one will know that the kids are both named from small WA towns.  :)

I knew a Lacey in K-12 that was a sweet heart.  She was named after the town because she was unintentially born there when her parents were passing through town on a little vacation. 

Amanda
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Probably too rhymey with Finley, but I love Karridi.  Another fav is Analeise.

• Funny, one of the first names I thought of was Emerson!

Harper
    Avery (had a student once with it spelled "Avarie" - not sure how I feel about that, though)
    Jansen (jan-sen, no silent "j")
    Hollis
    Lilia
    Oakley (not sure about having 2 kids with the same ending)
    Marilla

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations on your pregnancy! Some names that might work -

Finley & Odessa

Finley & Sienna

Finley & Immogen

Finley & Paige

Finley & Sophia

Finley & Isla

Finley & Lilly

Just some suggestions - good luck with the deciding!

collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Welcome back.  I remember you, we were at Swedish having our first babies at the same time!  We're expecting our second girl now.

Some ideas for you:

Olive

Harper

Carys

Stella

Payton

Delaney

Emmerson (Emmy) 

Hattie

Harlow 

• I think Maeve would go wonderfully with Finley :)

I really love the Emerson, Carys and Isla suggestions. 

• Hayden. love that for a girl. :)

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • i also love emerson & harper!!! finley and harper sounds adorable!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • I was just trying to convince DH that Harper would be a good name this weekend. No dice, but I love it.
  • I knew I could count on you guys! Thanks for all the great suggestions! Some of the S names won't go with our last name, but there are lots of great ones to add to my list.

Thank you SO much and definitely keep them coming if you think of any more.

I don't visit any of the bump boards much anymore, but I'll try to stop by here every once in a while - I love seeing all of your updated photos and all the new baby news (Congrats Alli on #2 - we're pretty close together this time too!).

Hope everyone is doing well - I miss Seattle (and the Seattle bump ladies) a lot!

Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
  • I am loving the names everyone has thrown out! It's so refreshing to see names that aren't on the top 10 list. :)

Finley and Calloway (Callie)

Finley and Leighton

Finley and Beatrice

Finley and Rowan

Finley and Arden

Finley and Ellis (Ellie)

Finley and Reagan

*And "Hi!" everyone! I finally remembered how to sign in/password!*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Girl Names:

Harper

Cadence

Emery

Unique ( I have a friend with this name)

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"