Two Under 2
Options

XP-vein issues while pg

Anyone have major vericose veins? I had them at the end of pg #2 and with this pregnancy they have hit at 20 wks. They are painful and BAD. Doc wants me to wear old lady compression stockings...I have to go get some fitted..fun fun. She said its genetic and also happens more with more babies as its weakens your veins. I have only gained about 10 lbs and thats normal for me and I wasnt overweight before, and she said its not about that. 

I also have to take a baby aspirin regime as my are so bad she is worried about a clot. It makes me nervous I may have complications, but its also very painful to walk too long and stand.

anyone else in this painful boat? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP-vein issues while pg

• Options
    I did!  I had the swelling and fatigue.  I worked for a vascular surgeon and saw lots of patients with the same problem.  I wore compression stockings from weeks 20-40 and my girls were both summer babies. Seriously the stockings were amazing. My legs felt 100x better. Go online and order Jobst or sigvaris ones. They have open toe nude ones and I wore them under lightweight pants and flip flops. I also had sheer ones to wear with dress shoes. No one had a clue that they were compression.  I am telling you it will make a world of a difference.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My mom had that occur during her third pregnancy. My older sister and I were 2u2 at the time and she was on bed rest because of it (ha ha). She had to wear compression hose and try to keep her legs elevated. She has said that while the hose sucked (especially since she was wearing them at 8/9 months pg  in July/August in Baltimore) they did help ease the discomfort and kept the veings from getting worse.

She also had vein problems in her or around her uterus that made it dangerous to have another pregnancy, so she ended up getting her tubes tied affter my little sister was born. IDK if that was related to the varicose veins in her legs or not.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMyLucky7s:
    I did!  I had the swelling and fatigue.  I worked for a vascular surgeon and saw lots of patients with the same problem.  I wore compression stockings from weeks 20-40 and my girls were both summer babies. Seriously the stockings were amazing. My legs felt 100x better. Go online and order Jobst or sigvaris ones. They have open toe nude ones and I wore them under lightweight pants and flip flops. I also had sheer ones to wear with dress shoes. No one had a clue that they were compression.  I am telling you it will make a world of a difference.

thank you. They prescribed jobst for me, the place to get them is 30 mins away and finding the time with the kids is rough. I need to look online. I was told I needed to be sized though? I am concerned about the heat though, I live in SC so its HOT by June. Glad ot know they make open toe ones, I am a flip flop alcoholic. thanks again.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"