Georgia Babies

moms on call routine question

Ok so I watched the video online and I think I am ready to implement the routine.  But I'm not keen on giving a bath every single night. That just doesn't seem feasible with two kids when I go back to work full time.  So what cue could I use instead?  Or is the bath an absolute must?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: moms on call routine question

• Can you do a baby massage instead?  I just think the key is consistency - you have to make sure it can be done every night.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I didnt do MOC per say but we did do a strict bedtime routine w/ Gavin. When establishing it, we did bath every night. But only for a couple weeks... Then once he had it down, we went to every other night. Sophie made her own schedule. To this day she still goes down earlier than I would like. But when your kid lays down on the kitchen floor at 7 pm, you don't have much choice!

• Loading the player...
  • We used MOC religiously except we didn't do the bath every night and it made no difference in terms of getting her down--we didn't use any type of substitute on the nights we didn't do a bath we just pushed everything else back so that we actually put her down at the same time every night.
  • We STILL don't give Abby a bath every night.  On nights that she doesn't get a real bath, I set up a towel on the bathroom counter and give her a "cat bath."  Wash her face, neck, hands, etc.  Takes me less than 5 minutes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageslwprincess:
    I didnt do MOC per say but we did do a strict bedtime routine w/ Gavin. When establishing it, we did bath every night. But only for a couple weeks... Then once he had it down, we went to every other night. Sophie made her own sch edule. To this day she still goes down earlier than I would like. But when your kid lays down on the kitchen floor at 7 pm, you don't have much choice!

WHAT?!  You are complaining your kid goes to bed TOO early ON HER OWN???  You have been truly blessed.  Go with it.  She likes to go to bed at 7.  Enjoy.  :)

On the note of bath every night, my kids bathe 99% of nights.  We rarely skip.  They love it.  Its a nice downtime activity and we've done it since I had them both.  It was hard to do both baths by myself when Isaac was little and DH traveled but since it was the established routine I stuck with it.  Somehow I managed.  Don't ask how.  Haha.  And to this day, if I am in charge and DH is out of town, kids go down by 715-730.  If DH is home, it tends toward 8ish, which I hate bc I am pretty protective of "me" time after all.day.long with them.  But at least when he is home, he helps and generally only P is up later than usual.  Other moms at dance class and preschool marvel at my ability to get the kids in the bed by 7.  Maybe its magic, but it works for us.  Our days rarely start before 7, too.  Next year with pre-k things are gonna change.  boo.

• Probably in the minority here, but we do baths for both kids every single night. DH and I tag team them and switch off. Can your DH help? They both love their baths and know it's part of the routine and what to expect.  If they are super tired, we do a quick bath, but for the most part they both really enjoy it and it seems to help them unwind.  It does get hectic sometimes in the evening, so we just pay close attention to the clock and know that dinner needs to start at x time, we need to be done by x time, bath's start at x time etc. I think the routine is good for all of us.  lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We do a bath every night and both work full time.  It is just part of the routine.  It is usually between 6:30-7.  Baby is down by 7:30 and once we are sure he is asleep, toddler follows (they share a room).  Works well for us
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I threw a little party the day the boys could take a bath together which was when Bryce was around 5 - 5 1/2 months old. Bailey gets really sad if we skip bath time. Actually both boys now love it so I just do it.

Before they could do bath tgoehter,  I just did 2 baths pretty much back to back. During the week I did/do it alone 95% of the time. Thankfully we have a jack-n-jill bathroom between the boys rooms. I'd shut the both bedroom doors and Bailey would run around playing while I did bryce's bath. Soemtimes he'd try to help but he was so young it wasn't much help. I'd then nurse, read a book to Bryce and put him down. Then it was Bailey's turn. This all started at 615pm since Bryce was down by 645-7pm. Bailey goes down by 730pm and now both boys go down by 730pm. For us, bath is the down time they need to go to sleep. I've noticed if we ever skip bath it takes them a lot longer to go to sleep.

I'd probably do the bath for at least the first month of the routine then maybe skip a night and she how she does. Bryce even at  the newborn/infant stage I really coudln't skip that bath b/c he needed it to relax.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"