13 Weeks Pregnant

Not feeling anything...

I know it takes time, but I want to feel baby!!!  Anyone still waiting?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Not feeling anything...

• I feel the same way. I sometimes sit and wait for something to happen. We just have to be patient I guess.
    New wife,new mommy!
  • I have been feeling like a muscle spasm either in the mornings when I wake up or in the night when im ready to go to sleep... I cant wait to be able to tell whether is my baby or not!
  • Loading the player...
  • i think i remember seeing that its not till the 16th week that you start to feel movement.I just got into my 13th week so i'm anxious. But you should be feeling baby very soon. Fingers crossed its sooner than later.
  • with my first son i was real tiny i only gain weight in my stomach and i started feeling him move around a little around 14 weeks, im now almost 12 weeks with my second child and im so excited, i cant wait to start to feel the baby move its a one of a kind thing, each child is different, after you have the baby you will miss being pregnant, this is like the mommy and baby time, i love it
  • I'm just about 13 weeks now and this is my second baby. I definitely show a lot more than I did at this point with the first one and last night I had the tiniest little flutter from the baby (my husband likes to says it's probably gas, but I can definitely tell the difference). As soon as I felt it, I laid there barely breathing, just waiting for it to happen again. It seems like the more you wait for it, the less likely you'll feel it. But you'll get a huge flutter one of these days soon and you'll just know it's that baby. Be patient (I know it's easier said than done) b/c soon enough, you may have a baby that never stops moving. That's how my little girl was when I was pg with her and she still is never stops wiggling around to this day (she's 10 months and almost ready to crawl/walk/run a marathon). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's exciting but enjoy these moments of being able to sleep all night because once my son started moving, he never stopped. It seems like he would wait until I was in a good sleep and he would wake me up with all of that flipping and playing. So this time I'm just being patient and waiting it out.
  • I was going to post about this! I'm 13 weeks, and it's scary not feeling anything... I was a little nauseous in the beginning and got a little thicker around the waist and my tiny boobs grew immediately. But, nothing's changed in the last two or three weeks and I feel normal! The sickness was at least reassuring and the baby movement will be too. In the meantime, I don't like feeling normal!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I about 13 weeks, and I swear I felt something the other day. It was a little flutter/thumping in my belly. I sat there holding my breath, waiting for it to happen again! I've been feeling much better lately, like I'm not even pregnant at all, so it was nice to have a little reminder!
    Wifey1220
  • yeah, i have those moments when i dont even feel pregnant! But then again, its hard to forget when its the only thing i think about ever :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
                                         §Aug15 Siggy Challege: Favorite TV/Movie Mean Girl§
                                                           Dr.Bailey from Grey's Anatomy
  • I was 20 weeks before I felt movement in my first pregnancy. Not to worry, it will be here before you know it! :)
  • I am 13 weeks and my symptoms are not as bad as the previous weeks but I do feel sharp pains in my abdomen and I also have a very hard time sleeping.

• I dont feel anything yet either and am excited too. Ive heard that its hard to tell this early on.  I have recently started to have a REALLY hard time with my sciatica. Does anyone have this problem?  I feel like ive tried everything and nothing helps.  Its excruciating at some points.  Well, hope everyone is doing well!
  • Nat - 

I was gettting the sharp pains too, and called my midwife about them. Most likely they are what's called "round ligament pains" and they happen when the  band muscles that hold your belly up are stretching. :)

Thought I would share!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker image image
  • I dont feel any fluttering or kicking I dont think either but the last week or so have started getting headaches at night... I wonder if thats normal... (I started a new prenatal, could that be it?) This is my first baby and Im already showing... is that even normal? Im probably waaaaay over thinking everything....

• I started showing at 6 weeks!!! Yes, 6 weeks! I'm 13 weeks now and I'm already bigger than a friend who is 6 months along! My doc says its totally normal as every pregnancy is different. I've just started having headaches and awful lower back aches....again, apparently totally normal. Its exciting though! Good luck to you!
  • imagegsassy40@yahoo.com:

I dont feel any fluttering or kicking I dont think either but the last week or so have started getting headaches at night... I wonder if thats normal... (I started a new prenatal, could that be it?) This is my first baby and Im already showing... is that even normal? Im probably waaaaay over thinking everything....

I'm in the same boat. I started showing several days ago (12w3d). And I, too, am getting headaches on the regular. I wish I felt baby move, but I've heard that esp if it's your first (like me) you might not feel anything until 16w. I'm just trying to enjoy not feeling like my inside are getting punched.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This is pegnancy numero uno for me and I find it incredibly frustrating when people tell you when things will happen for you. I know you're not "supposed" to be able to feel your baby until a few weeks longer but last Friday, the day after I hit 12 weeks, I knew exactly what I felt: the peanut was spazzing out! Those rumors that it feels like butterflies or popcorn are total lies. That little sucker felt like an iron butterfly on steroids! I had a bunch of friends and peers try to tell me it might have been something different (sorry, but I know what a fart feels like and that was NOT a fart!). You'll know when it happens, and don't second-guess your gut instinct.
  • it sounds like baby thats went mine moved
  • Yeah, I am feeling pretty normal now myself. My fatigue is even getting much better. 
  • I agree with you. When you feel it You know.!!!! I had a scare the other day. I had a litttle bit of bloody discharge, has anyone else had this. And today I am sure I felt something. I am almost afraid to excited if you know what i mean.
  • Like another poster, I have the occasional muscle cramp, and when I bend over I can feel a different fullness than before.  But no baby movement yet.  Im excited for that day!  It will make everything more "real"!

• I feel the same way.  I am 13 weeks preggers and this is my first pregnancy.  I'm sooo ready to feel some movement!!!  I can't wait!
  • I am impatient and really want to feel the baby moving as well!  I am 13 weeks and still feel nauseated, but the fatigue is getting better.
  • I just had a seizure on Monday in my sleep.  I am eager to feel the baby move.  I just hope she is okay.  Is there anyone out there who is also epileptic? And possibly experienced a seizure while pregnant?
  • You should see if you can get a physical therapy referral for that sciatic pain from your OB. I'm a physical therapist and have worked with several women decreasing back pain through pregnancy.

• i thought i felt that too! almost like a drum in your belly ? I thought i was just thinking it cause i want it to happen so bad im 13 weeks as well!
  • imageMegSowers:

I was going to post about this! I'm 13 weeks, and it's scary not feeling anything... I was a little nauseous in the beginning and got a little thicker around the waist and my tiny boobs grew immediately. But, nothing's changed in the last two or three weeks and I feel normal! The sickness was at least reassuring and the baby movement will be too. In the meantime, I don't like feeling normal!

I'm in the same boat.  I'm not so much worried about my lack of movement (or rather feeling the movement as annoyed that I basicaly have no symptoms of pregnancy at the moment besides my non-fitting cloths (thank god for Motherhood maternity store having extra-small petites!!!)  I'm ready to hear/see/feel the baby :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Im currently 13 weeks pregnant and I thought I felt something last week but I didnt think anything of it as they say you can feel baby around 16 weeks. Last week I purchased intelligender from CVS and it said Im expecting a boy. Has anyone else took the test? its a urine test that cost about 45. 

• I was getting a little worried too, I'm 13 weeks into my 1st pregnancy and was starting to wonder when I should be feeling something. But I went for an ultrasound last week and the baby was quite active showing on the screen, I just couldn't feel it yet. So rest assured, just because you aren't feeling anything doesn't mean anything is wrong. Just means he/she is just too tiny yet. I'm thinking that's a good thing so far lol
  • yeah i think about that often just the simple fact of know that all these things are happening on the inside of you and you can feel a thing drives me crazy
  • Same here  so I think that we are ok.
  • Me too! I am worried because Ive gained weight gut I dont feel any growth. Anyone else feel this way?
    Lisa & Hart
  • Meg- I totally agree. It is so eerie not having a constant reminder of my little one in there now that the m/s is gone and I'm feeling like myself again. Anxious to see baby at my ultrasound in the AM but then after that I guess I will just have to be patient ::sigh:: 

PS love love love the Pats hat!  

• I can soooo relate to the OP. I know that I still have weeks left before I'm likely to feel any movement, but I am feeling so impatient!

I hate to whine, but so far preganancy just feels like a lot of illness and stuff I cant do. I'm so eager to get bigger, and to finally feel my baby at all so I can feel more connected to her!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I can feel the baby since week 12. Late at night when I'm laying down on my back I will put my hand over my uterus and I can feel *thump thump.* I love it! This is my third pregnany though and I'm pretty small. My first pregnancy it was around 16 weeks and my second pregnancy was 14 weeks.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know wut u mean. I had a miscarrage with my 5th. child and now we're pregnant again. Im 35 and n luv with my LIL' Peeps. With this child i felt pregnant n my first trimester,only because of nausia. Im 13wks. and 2days and praying for a heart beat. I do have faith,but just alittle scared.
  • I'm on baby #2 and I felt something a week ago. I can definitely tell what is baby and what just stomach spasms or gas bubbles. This baby is so much more active than baby #1. Have any moms gained weight yet? I've lost weight and am wondering when I'm going to start gaining or if it's ok to lose weight a few more weeks or months?
  • that's how i feel! I keep thinking any little stomach movement might  be him/her...i can't wait til I know for sure! Smile
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am 13 weeks also and this is my first pregnancy! Every once in awhile when I lay on my left side I can feel the baby! And flutter is the best way to describe the feeling. It is unmistakeable, you will know its your baby when it happens. However my doctor says usually for first time moms it doesn't usually happen this early on, s be patient. It truly is an amazing feeling. 
  • Hello fellow bumpies, I am also 13 weeks with our first child and not feeling anything yet. Ready for some reassurance everything is ok in there. We go to the doctors on Thursday so hoping to hear the heart beat and have some comfort then. Had an US at 8 weeks so its been what seems like forever since anything new.

Is anyone else feeling like their belly is bigger? I feel it's too early to show but feel awkward in normal clothes but feel maternity clothes is too much. This must be the weird time of pregnancy, kind of in between. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"