Secondary IF
Options

Thoughts on B2B IUI.....

The first two I only did one IUI with trigger.  Today after my follie check (I have two, potentially 3 mature - but one on my possibly blocked side) my Dr mentioned we could do back to back if I wanted to. 

He didn't really seem like it would increase the odds?  We have no MFI and I am unexplained.......but my insurance covers 6 lifetime IUI's so I said I only wanted to do one.

Now I am not sure, on one hand I don't want to skip it if it was going to dramatically increase my odds but if it doesn't I don't want to "waste" one IUI by doing back to back.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Thoughts on B2B IUI.....

• Options
    We always did one. When I asked the dr about back to back she said that studies had shown no increase in pregnancy rates. 
    DS 3/10/08 Mc 6/10, 9/10, 2/11 Ivf #1 3/2/12- BFP
  • Options
    My 1st round of IUI were B2B and I didn't get pregnant. The 2nd time we did only 1 then followed by TI and we got pregnant. I personally wouldn't do B2B again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The cycle I got pg with DD #2 was our first medicated cycle and first cycle doing B2B IUI's (but, we are dealing with MFI).  We're fortunate in that our insurance counts 2 IUIs within the same cycle (ie., B2B IUIs) as only one IUI towards our lifetime max.  GL!
  • Options

This may be a stupid question but what do you mean by back-to-back IUI?? 

DD conceived naturally in 2009.  TTC #2 since August 2010.  Praying for guidance as we decide what's next.

When the world says, "Give up,"

Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

~Author Unknown

• Options
    Back to back is two IUI's in one cycle.  So if I did back to back I would have one and then another 24 hours later.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageHnysckl426:
    Back to back is two IUI's in one cycle.  So if I did back to back I would have one and then another 24 hours later.

Interesting.  I never knew that was an option.  I'm going in for my blood work and U/S Monday, then doing a trigger shot and IUI sometime next week.

DD conceived naturally in 2009.  TTC #2 since August 2010.  Praying for guidance as we decide what's next.

When the world says, "Give up,"

Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

~Author Unknown

• Options

On my 5th IUI we did B2B.  My insurance paid for it though, so I didn't have to consider that.

I did not get pregnant that cycle and both of DH's samples were not great at all.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

My RE doesn't push them bc the literature indicates no increased pg rates, as a PP said above.

That said, when we did our last ditch IUI#3 (bc we didn't think we were going to do IVF), we opted for B2B just in case it would help our chances. DH's numbers were really good both times. I think in our case, we missed late, I think I Od long enough before the first one that both were a waste.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I never did B2B IUI's...my RE felt if you timed it right by ultrasound and trigger then one is all you need. Good luck!
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"