Baby Showers

Hilarious Baby Shower Submission From StfuParents

I found this to be hilarious, so I thought I'd share.

And we think we've seen some baby shower faux pas...

https://cdn.mommyish.com/files/2012/01/Not-to-be-presumptious_edit.jpg

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hilarious Baby Shower Submission From StfuParents

• That is too funny. I couldn't even read it all, but I'm sure I got farther than I would have if I were one of the people this was directed to. She's be getting about 20 pink newborn onesies from me.

But what angers me the most is my intense hatred for the word "heaps." Can't explain it, but man, I am RAGING after that. 

Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • I would have reamed her out if I was sent this on FB. 
  • Loading the player...
  • That is truly atrocious.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is just as bad as my cousin who keeps sending out "reminders" about her "online baby shower." ugh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My favorite part is where she suggests that if any of her friends and family see something that they'd like to spend their money on for her baby, and it isn't on her list, "maybe just run it by us first".

I think I would respond saying that I had decided not to burden them with any baby gifts at all. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Cautiously expecting our second little petri dish baby - stick, Baby, stick!

BabyFruit Ticker

• That was awesome! Thank you for posting! So much more helpful than a simple registry!
  • Indifferent If I got a message like that on FB I would decline to go to the shower and save my money.  I hate when someone dictates what I can and can't spend MY money on.  I mean come on be grateful you get anything! 
  • Someone somewhere truly believes this was a smart and helpful thing to do. Ugh!
    Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • imageMelleTX:
    Someone somewhere truly believes this was a smart and helpful thing to do. Ugh!

Yep.. She was doing it because she loves and respects her family and friends... Not because she thinks they're morons who can't pick out a useful gift if their lives depended on it or because it would be an enormous pain to have to return something at ____ weeks pregnant. 

• There is no way that I would go to that shower! I would tell her that this was the most selfish and condescending I had ever read and refuse to "burden" her with any more gifts for her child. The nerve of some people!
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Oh my gosh. She would get nothing from me. How rude.
    Oct Angel Babies Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP #1- 12/7/11 M/C-12/20/11 BFP #2- 2/14/12 EDD- 10/3/12
  • But....people don't HAVE to follow her suggestions. 

God you guys are baby haters.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • imageBallSox:
    But....people don't HAVE to follow her suggestions. 

God you guys are baby haters.

You're right... They could run their crappy, moronic ideas by her first so she can reject them right to their faces.

• I would totally buy a 4 ft high glittery unicorn or something...with a pink bow in it's hair..or maybe be nice and do purple...got to accommodate her looong list somehow ;-) 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Holy Moly!!!!!!
  • imageCrispity:

My favorite part is where she suggests that if any of her friends and family see something that they'd like to spend their money on for her baby, and it isn't on her list, "maybe just run it by us first".

I think I would respond saying that I had decided not to burden them with any baby gifts at all. 

I agree! What a nut case

• imagewhirlybird27:

I would totally buy a 4 ft high glittery unicorn or something...with a pink bow in it's hair..or maybe be nice and do purple...got to accommodate her looong list somehow ;-) 

Hahaha, that's great.

On the off chance that I'd actually purchase something for this crazypants, I would buy the loudest thing possible that subsequently had the largest amount of small pieces that required an extremely time consuming assembly.

• What a cvntburger...
    DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • imageCabbageCabbage:
    I truly hope she got 25 monogrammed princess dresses. 

She wanted princess dresses! She said they should buy her a nice, expensive outfit because she has too many jumpsuits or whatever.

And I love how the girl in the comments is telling her what a good idea it is. Maybe her friends really are brain dead and need the help.

• I really want to read this but the link isn't clicky and I've searched and can't find it.  :(
  • imagetheladyjess:
    I really want to read this but the link isn't clicky and I've searched and can't find it.  :(

Copy and paste it into your browser.  

I want to buy everything pink and send it to this lady's house.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"