VBAC
Options

Going to have to start thinking about if this is what I want to do?

So I had a C-section on 11/18/10 because my DD was breech.  I am now 5 weeks pregnant with number two.  I really do not want another section in fact I never really wanted the first one.  But, I am so nervous in thinking of what could happen to my incision if I try for a VBAC.  I know I have quit some time before I have to decide anything but I am hoping for lots of positive stories on this board in helping me come to a decision.  I mean I already feel some soreness above my incision area and I am only 5 weeks.  When I went for my anual checkup last year my docs told me they think I would be a great candidate for a VBAC.  Certainly looking for any advice anyone has on the subject.  Thanks:)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Going to have to start thinking about if this is what I want to do?

• Options
    My incision site was very sore through about the first half of the pregnancy because that seems to be the area where it is doing most of the expanding during that time.  Hasn't been sore in the last few weeks really except if clothing is rubbing on it.  I am planning my VBAC for sometime in the next 4 weeks - whenever the little one decides to make his appearance.  I wouldn't worry too much about early incision pain dictating how it will be the whole time.  Smile
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I'm 13 weeks along and the area around my incision is SO SORE. I called the doctor worried about cramping and she actually thinks it is my uterus growing, but that area is really sensative because of the scar tissue. She said it should settle down soon and won't be as sensative.

I figure that if I get my vbac this time at least I won't have a ton more scar tissue from another surgery for when I'm pregnant with #3 (if we decide on that).

Hope you feel better soon.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My incision was sore most of my pregnancy.  I was told it was normal.  I had a safe and healthy VBAC baby!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options

Good luck with everything!  There are lots of wonderful stories and resources on the board.

I had tenderness around my incision throughout the first tri too, it seems to be pretty common.  I massaged the area with lotion/belly cream after showers (still do), and it seems to help.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

My pilates instructor recommend massaging my incision each day.  I do it with the cocoa butter lotion.  She showed me a couple of techniques to help heal the nerves and make sure there aren't any adhesions in the scar area.  I think it's helping. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mine was also sore with ds until late but this pregnancy not sore at all.  also had some tingling she said it was nerves killed by cs regenerating.   i had no problems with my vbac. one only annoying this is constant monitoring i did a vbac natural, now they have wireless monitors so i can be free woot.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I had my dd I. 2007 via c section. November 2011 I had my ds VBAC. It was the most amazing experience. The soreness in your belly is totally normal for c section moms. I've heard some hurt a lot but mine was only minor. Good luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker    
  • Options
    currently 35 weeks pregnant and I definitely had some tight feelings in my scar.

Remember, scars pull, they don't stretch. So that's the reason for that feeling. However, it does NOT mean you are not a good VBAC candidate!

Uterine rupture is extremely rare (less than 1%) and any fatalities that result from uterine rupture are even more rare! If you birth in a hospital odds say that you and baby will be just fine, even if you do experience a uterine rupture. Some people choose an epidural so that in this event, they woudln't have to be put under. Me, I'm trusting my body and choosing/aiming for all  natural to ensure the best possibility of my VBAC being successful.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagetessatewks:
    currently 35 weeks pregnant and I definitely had some tight feelings in my scar.

Remember, scars pull, they don't stretch. So that's the reason for that feeling. However, it does NOT mean you are not a good VBAC candidate!

Uterine rupture is extremely rare (less than 1%) and any fatalities that result from uterine rupture are even more rare! If you birth in a hospital odds say that you and baby will be just fine, even if you do experience a uterine rupture. Some people choose an epidural so that in this event, they woudln't have to be put under. Me, I'm trusting my body and choosing/aiming for all  natural to ensure the best possibility of my VBAC being successful.

Very True! Actually you are 3x more likely to die/have complications for a c-section than a VBAC and 4x as likely to die in a car accident. I havent had any problems with my scar so Im no help for that. GL in your decision.

P.S. I recommend reading the VBAC companion and The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• Options
    imageokate0213:

imagetessatewks:

Very True! Actually you are 3x more likely to die/have complications for a c-section than a VBAC and 4x as likely to die in a car accident. I havent had any problems with my scar so Im no help for that. GL in your decision.

P.S. I recommend reading the VBAC companion and The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth

Thanks for the suggestion I will have to look into reading those.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"