Baby Showers
Options

Baby shower theme help

So we find out what we're having on Tuesday (CAN'T WAIT :D) and after that we're going to pick our theme for both of our baby showers. We're not going to have a nursery because our spare bedrooms are across the house and our bedroom is big enough to have all of our baby stuff in. So with that fun (maybe unnecessary) fact what are your favorite themes for a boy and a girl, or ones that you were thinking about when picking yours?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Baby shower theme help

• Options
    I didn't know what I was having so shower themes were always generic...baby, zoo, Noah's Ark, etc.  The nursery (which is upstairs - our room is downstairs) has been Noah's Ark for all of them.  Once they are out of the crib they go into a different bedroom.  The only gender specific things in their room were blankets and clothes.
  • Options
    DH and I are trying this Sept and Oct due to work obligations. For a girl I want an Alice in Wonderland/Tea Party Theme and for a boy I want a country/John Deere theme. Super excited. Already thinking of ideas.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Girl= Alice in wonderland too! with flowers and butterflies! and a boy is between nemo/ocean or dinosaurs.
  • Options
    I'd let the hostesses choose!
  • Options
    I like the Dr. Seuss theme, but I think I like the cupcake/candy/chocolate theme the most.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My friends planned a penguin theme shower cause I'm seriously obsessed with the adorable little creatures and had actually found nursery bedding and decor with penguins, polar bears and whales on it. My sister planned a safari shower based entirely off the fabric my mom was using to make DD a quilt and matching diaper bag. It had a bunch of animals that looked like stuffed animals (including penguins - not all the animals on it were jungle animals). It turned out super cute. I usually go with the MTB's nursery theme when planning a shower, but since you aren't decorating a nursery, if your host(s) ask your opinion, just pick something you love.
  • Options
    My mother is throwing me my shower and she left the theme up to whatever I wanted. I decided if its a girl...I wanted a "Wizard of Oz" theme (my FAV movie) complete with a big ol' candy bar (most important part!!). For a boy..I totally dig the Dr Seuss Cat in the Hat theme!! Oh and just found out we're having a boy a few days ago so Cat in the Hat it is!!!
  • Options

for one of my baby shower themes (the one im helping plan) it's wild safari, because i love the jungle theme for a boy. the other one hasn't been decided but she's thinking about dinos/ducks.
    I threw a shower for my sister when she was having a little girl, and she just liked the brown/pink combination. so I just went ahead and got a bunch of mixed brown and pink things.

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"