New to The Bump
Options

new to the board, but not to TTC

Hey, I am new here. My boyfriend & I have been together for just shy of five years & have been trying to conceive since August 2011. I have short cycles, so this is our eighth try. I went on Clomid (50mg CD5-9) last month, as well as progesterone supplements to address luteal phase defect (my LP is usually 9 or 10 days; with prog supplementation, I got up to 13!). Right now I'm 4DPO & really hoping that this is my month. I plan to test on March 6th (14DPO).

Non-fertility bio: my boyfriend & I live in Kansas while he is working on a PhD in history. His goal is to become a history professor. I'm 32, he's 31. We moved here from Boston two & a half years ago. We both really miss the East Coast, even though I am originally from the Midwest (Ohio). I have a raft of physical disabilities & chronic pain, so I chill at home & read a lot & write sometimes. My goal used to be to try to write a novel before I had a baby. But when I realized that the baby thing wasn't going to be as easy as I hoped it would be, I started putting more energy into that & writing has fallen by the wayside a bit. Maybe I should also mention that my boyfriend & I are kind of...um, reformed punks, maybe? Ex-anarchists? 

I have posted on other TTC messageboards, but when I checked out the rules & some of the posts here, it was like...wow, such a breath of fresh air. Encouraging people not to start testing at 7DPO! Discouraging posts that are all, "I felt kind of crampy & tired today after lunchtime. Do you think I am pregnant?" Eight times around on the merry-go-round & I am really sick of the obsessiveness I see in most TTC communities. So many questions that could be better answered by Google, or a library book, or a doctor or midwife. So much emotional vampirism. I like passing the time with ladies who understand how stressful & depressing this whole TTC journey can be, but I get really sick of photos of obviously negative pregnancy tests & people saying, "I think I see a line! What do you think? By the way, I ovulated half an hour ago." Argh!

Re: new to the board, but not to TTC

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"