Preemies

Doing MUCH better on the Oscillating Vent

Adalyn is still on the oscillator, but she is doing MUCH better. They were able to decrease some of her pressures on the machine and decrease her O's.   The day before yesterday (when she was first placed on it) it was in the 80s/90s (sometimes even 100%) and yesterday it had been in the 30s.   The doctor is going to continue to wean her off the oscillating vent to the conventional vent. 

They did an echocardiogram of her heart to check to see if there was heart strain which was causing the increased need for vent support (ie, pulmonary hypertension or her PDA had reopened), but the echo showed that everything was normal. 

She seems to be responding to the steroids, and today they will continue to taper down her dose.  They will decrease it by 50% every day for a few more days.  The doctor also said that her chest x-ray and her bloodwork was also much improved.  The doctor will also stop her antibiotics over the next 24 to 48 hours. 

He is also increasing her oral feedings since she is tolerating them well at a rate of 3 ml every 6 hours back up to 18ml.  With her feeding today at 6am she is back up to 18 ml every 3 hours. Last night she gained weight to 2 pounds 2 ounces (970grams), up an ounce from the day before.   This is great news since it will definitely help with her weight gain! The bigger she gets, the more lung tissue she will make, and the better she can oxygenate!

Here is my favorite pic so far that we've gotten of Adalyn and me.   Smile

IMG_9395
TTC Since July 2008.
Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
FET 1 3/2013 BFN
FET 2 5/2013 BFN
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Doing MUCH better on the Oscillating Vent

• That is great news!  That picture is adorable.
    Husband has cystic fibrosis. I'm a carrier. We did TESE, IVF, ICSI, and PGD. After two failed IVFs, we were blessed with our twins.

• The picture is absolutly beautiful.

I am glad to hear she is improving, that's great news. Lots of T & P's that she continues to improve. Hang in there momma!

Mom to preemie b/g twins born 14 weeks early after 3 years of IF, 8 clomid cycles and 1 IVF. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Great news!  Glad to hear she is doing better!
  • Yay Adalyn! That's such great news. I love your pic so much! I keep scrolling back up to look at it. It's so precious.
    image image image

• Great news!  What a sweet picture.
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)

• That is wonderful news!! Go, Adalyn, go!!!!! and, LOVE THAT PHOTO!!!!!!!!! BTW, it's good to hear you being your cheery, upbeat self again just as when Adalyn was first born... that's the spirit, mama! 
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • good news! that picture melts my heart!Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"