C-sections

s/o: post-op pain relief

I am surprised by how many of you were only on ibuprofen after delivery! I was on a morphine drip after DD1 & 2 to start out with then moved to Percoset with DD1 and had Lorcet with DD2. I definitely was still taking it when I came home. Anyone else? I must have a low pain tolerance!
Mom to DD#1 December '06, DD#2 Feb '09 and DS March '12

Re: s/o: post-op pain relief

• I can't believe it either.  I've suffered my entire life from debilitating migraines so I thought for sure I'd be in the clear.  But my gosh, I've been suffering for 3 days now with this horrible stretching pain above the incision.  I'm afraid my pain pills will run out. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageadpilove:
    I'm afraid my pain pills will run out. 

My doc went overboard on my prescription... He gave me three refills for Vicoden of 40 pills each to use by August, and two refills of 60 pills each for the Ibuprofen. I can't believe how much pain meds he prescribed! It's been 12 days since my c-section and I'm only taking about 1-2 Ibuprofen a day and maybe 1 Vicoden per day (if that.) However, early on I needed much more and while at the hospital was always calling for the nurse as soon as the allotted time had passed that I could have a new pain pill.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I loved my Percocet.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a pain pump for 2 days post op, then was just on Motrin after that every 6 hours. I did get percocet, but didnt feel the need to take them.
  • I felt the pain was very well controlled with just ibuprofen. I do not like feeling loopy. I was not at all interested in narcotics. I took one percocet when I left the hospital and felt awful the whole way home. I did take them the first two nights home, but that was it. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imagepepomntpat:
    I felt the pain was very well controlled with just ibuprofen. I do not like feeling loopy. I was not at all interested in narcotics. I took one percocet when I left the hospital and felt awful the whole way home. I did take them the first two nights home, but that was it. 

This. I told the nurses probably one to many times I do not want to feel loopy or out of it. I've never taken anything stronger than ibuprofen before the c, so I had no idea how I'd react to any pain meds. They gave me morphine twice in the hospital but then I switch to ibuprofen & percocet, but only took the percocet twice also. Then was off of the ibuprofen by day 4.  I was shocked by how little pain I had, because I have a very low tolerance to pain.

• I think I would have only needed a narcotic for the first 3-4 days post op but I was not given the option (things are different here in Germany).
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• once I came home I saved the good stuff for bed time and took only advil during the day....I could manage the pain that way and could still function

Court
    DH 40  ME 40
    GD, Myasthenia Gravis, Factor V Leiden

DS #1 born via emergancy c-section 01/23/06 at 37w

DS#2 born via c-section 10/27/2007 at 36w due to PROM

DS #3 born via repeat c-section 04/13/2012 at 39w

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away." - George Carlin
  • I thought I'd be able to handle the pain pretty well even though my c/s was unplanned. boy was I wrong... I was on painkillers in the hospital for 5 days and needed them for another 4 days after that. I wouldn't have needed them as long if someone had recommended a belly binder to me sooner. I already had one from my chiro and as soon as it was suggested I tried it and weaned from the pain meds within a day.
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • I was on a morphine drip on day 1 and day 2 I was given Norco along with Motrin every 6 hours.
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

• My sister had a pain killer addiction and it was awful, and so I avoid it like the plague.

Motrin did enough for me even from the first day, and if the pain got bad, I stopped moving until it passed.

Percocet always makes me feel sick to my stomach and that wasn't worth it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't know how these women did it with little to no pain killers.  I took all of mine, and I stayed in front of the pain so I never was in much pain.  Literally.  I never felt loopy on the pain pills at all.  IDK exactly what I was on, but I had prescription ibuprofen and a narcotic pain pill.
  • I was only on Motrin but that's because any kind of narcotic like percoset makes me really ill and the thought of throwing up after that procedure scared me! I wish I could have been taking percosets, if I could have without being ill I would have!

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
    TTC our first miracle since November 2010
    BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"