Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Pediatric Craniotomist? Skull fusing....

Anyone been?  DD had her 9 month appt today and the ped is concerned by the shape of her head.  She is worried that her skull is already fusing.  There is still some soft spot so that's good news.  I am pretty much a wreck right now though.  I am usually pretty laid back about stuff, but anything with the head/skull/brain freaks me out!  Any experiences?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pediatric Craniotomist? Skull fusing....

• Options
    I see one for my son's helmet. He has the flat head... At my midst appointment they said his soft spot was closing early. They currently monitor it at each appointment. It looks ok still. She may have to get a helmet if the soft spot is ok to help reshape her head.
    photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Hi...Lurker here. My daughter's soft spots were completely closed at 4 months. She was diagnosed with saggital craniosynostosis. Her head shape was long and narrow and her forehead stuck out some. She had surgery at 6 months and is doing great almost 4 months later. Please email me at lbrugge@yahoo.com if I can help you in any way. It was hard for us at first to cope with this and find reliable info on the internet.

Lauren

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lauren- thank you so much!!  I will definitely contact you if we end up having surgery!!  Thank you.  Her head is actually wide...think ET.  Or Stuey from Southpark.image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"