Pregnant after a Loss

Clomid question?

Hi ladies. My husband and I are about to embark on our first round of clomid this cycle and I have some questions and it made the most sense to ask here.(Hopefully I will get to join you all soon) My body has always had crazy cycles but My body seems to have stopped ovulating since my miscarriage. 

So my questions are: How many cycles on clomid did it take you to get pregnant and did you get pregnant with twins? 

also what kind of side effects did you experience! 

THank you so much and I Hope to join you all soon.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clomid question?

• Kate, I am so hopeful for you!  I took Femara (plus injectables) instead of Clomid so I don't have much advice in that regard.  Just wanted to say I'm hoping and praying you'll have a great response the first time and get your take home baby/babies!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Very exciting time for you.  I have pcos and had annovulatory cycles. I was put on my first round of clomid in September and I ovulated around day 24. I took it from day's 5-9. From my lab work on cd 21, I did not ovulate. Anyways, fast forward to mid October, I was tracking my temps and my period had still not come. My temps showed a shift after day 21 and I ended up with my bfp. 24 weeks later, I am still pg. 

My dh also had an issue that was corrected through surgery last February. Don't be disappointed if you do not conceive in the first cycle, it can sometimes take a couple cycles to conceive. I would definitely recommend taking your temps, it will help you understand if and how the drug works for you.

Good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much ladies. I love the comments Big Smile We are very excited! 

imagechamp579:

Very exciting time for you.  I have pcos and had annovulatory cycles. I was put on my first round of clomid in September and I ovulated around day 24. I took it from day's 5-9. From my lab work on cd 21, I did not ovulate. Anyways, fast forward to mid October, I was tracking my temps and my period had still not come. My temps showed a shift after day 21 and I ended up with my bfp. 24 weeks later, I am still pg. 

My dh also had an issue that was corrected through surgery last February. Don't be disappointed if you do not conceive in the first cycle, it can sometimes take a couple cycles to conceive. I would definitely recommend taking your temps, it will help you understand if and how the drug works for you.

Good luck! 

I actually was told not to temp because it makes my anxiety so bad that I cant sleep. It really would be helpful to be able to temp though. 

• Double post. not sure how that happen

• I am another PCOS and annovulatory cycle girl... I took 4 rounds of clomid in total... but with 2 pregnancys.  It took 3 rounds to get me pg the first time.  I o'ed around CD 18-19.  Unfortunately it ended in a CP in May.

Fast forward 6 months, many RE visits, medication for high prolactin and surgery to remove cysts.  I had started having fairly regular cycles, but cycle day 21 bw showed poor ovulation.  November I went on another round of clomid and found out I was pregnant on Nov 30th.  It is a singleton pregnancy, although I did ovulate more than one egg.

Side effects.... hot flashes especially at night.  The last round was the worst even though it was only 50mg.  I was emotional and actually spotted before I ovulated... 

TTC since 05/10

Dx: PCOS,Hypothyroidism, Endometriosis, elevated prolactin

Surgery: Laproscopy 12/15/11 to remove Endo, 8/12/11 to remove 7cm cyst and cauterize 4cm cyst

April 2011 - Clomid 50 mg round 3 - O'd CD 18 BFP 5/2 C/P 5/10

RE Consult 06/02/11, Sonohystogram - clear, DH SA - great! HSG all Clear.

Meet up with RE for plan of attack 10/25: 2 natural rounds and then onto clomid

CD 21 BW shows poor ovulation, November 2011 Clomid 50 mg round 4 - BFP on 11/30 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I am PCOS and took 3 rounds of Clomid and had a chemical pg, on the 4th roundof Clomid 50mg I got pg and had m/c at around 9 weeks (baby stopped growing 5.5 weeks). I wasn't pg with twins. Then we got pg the next cycle without taking anything and now I'm 9.5 weeks. 
  • *lurking*

More details are in my signature...but I did two rounds of clomid and became pregnant on the second (with a trigger shot).  At my follicle scan on CD12 we saw follicles on each side; one was mature but still small and the other was almost mature.  Triggered on CD14, FWP CD12-16.  We had twins.  I don't know the stats, but just because you use clomid doesn't mean you'll have multiples.  If that concerns you, ask your RE about ways to avoid that (i.e. don't FWP if there are two or more mature follicles).  I didn't realize it then, but looking back I was definitely very emotional and moody (only side effect I noticed). 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• Hello, I was on clomid for five cycles and did not get pregnant.  I had and anti-estrogen (not sure if this term is right), and my angry vag ended up killing my husband's sperm.  I ended going on injectables (follistim) and got pregnant on my first and third cycles...1st ended in m/c, third I found out that I'm pregnant with twins.  I really didn't experience many symptoms on Clomid, but I've heard that other women experience hot flashes and moodiness.  I experienced these mildly.  I hope that it works for you!
  • Clomid (no "h") only increases your chances of multiples by about 3%. 

Ive done it a few times. Only once did it result in a pg, but that pg was a c/p.

I would recommend charting during clomid. Knowing your body and how it reacts to certain fertility drugs is never a bad thing.

Why does charting give you anxiety?  

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• I had to use clomid with DS. It was the cycle after my hcg. I got pg on my first round. No trigger shot but I did have a follie scan and they told us when to BD. I wasn't charting, and if you aren't going to chart I would make sure you get the follie scan. Good luck! I will keep my Fx for you!
  • imagekate6267:

So my questions are: How many cycles on chlomid did it take you to get pregnant and did you get pregnant with twins? 2 cycles and not that I know of, but I haven't had an ultrasound yet. According to my doctor you have a 7 percent chance of twins.

also what kind of side effects did you experience! Nothing major possibly some moodiness

THank you so much and I Hope to join you all soon. Hope so too

• imagelauralew:

*lurking*

More details are in my signature...but I did two rounds of clomid and became pregnant on the second (with a trigger shot).  At my follicle scan on CD12 we saw follicles on each side; one was mature but still small and the other was almost mature.  Triggered on CD14, FWP CD12-16.  We had twins.  I don't know the stats, but just because you use clomid doesn't mean you'll have multiples.  If that concerns you, ask your RE about ways to avoid that (i.e. don't FWP if there are two or more mature follicles).  I didn't realize it then, but looking back I was definitely very emotional and moody (only side effect I noticed). 

Hi, I know that  clomid doesn't always mean multiples I was just curious. 

I will worn dear husband about possible moodiness though. Thank you .

• imagedamabo80:

Clomid (no "h") only increases your chances of multiples by about 3%. 

Ive done it a few times. Only once did it result in a pg, but that pg was a c/p.

I would recommend charting during clomid. Knowing your body and how it reacts to certain fertility drugs is never a bad thing.

I have generalized anxiety disorder which I do not take meds for while TTC or pregnant. charting makes it worse. I think I am afraid of making a mistake or not waking up on time so I usually cant sleep when I am charting.

• imagekate6267:
    imagedamabo80:

Clomid (no "h") only increases your chances of multiples by about 3%. 

I have generalized anxiety disorder which I do not take meds for while TTC or pregnant. charting makes it worse. I think I am afraid of making a mistake or not waking up on time so I usually cant sleep when I am charting.

meh, if you miss a temp, it's not the end of the world. One temp isn't going to tell you much anyways. Fwiw, I woke up later on the weekends, and still took my temp (sleep rocks), and even though I didn't temp at the same exact time each day, I could still see a clear thermal pattern. And honestly, even if all the temps are whack, well you'll be in the same place as you would if you didn't temp. 

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• I took it for one cycle and got pregnant.  I had low progesterone and we'd been trying for 9 months after the first loss (15 months total).  Before, I would ovulate late, and had a short luteal phase according to my chart.  Clomid helped that for me, I believe. 

We only have 1 baby! A boy, so far so good. 

I remember some hot flashes, but that's about it.  I took them at night.  

Good luck!

• Thank you so much ladies I will worn DH and my co teacher about moodiness. At least its only 5 days?

I am having a follicle scan just have to call him when I get my period (on a day 3 of Provera)  And they will be telling us when to have sex.

Thanks again!

• I'm a non-typical case, but I was on Clomid for FSH testing when I got pg.  I ovulate just fine on my own, and mt RE said it would only very slightly increase my chance for multiples.  Apparently I should have gotten a lottery ticket that week too, since we ended up with twins in that cycle.  But that is compounded by the chance I do ovulate ok on my own and was on a high dosage.  My RE said the chance of greater than twins is fairly nonexistent.  So far, so good!

Good luck!

• imagekate6267:

Thank you so much ladies. I love the comments Big Smile We are very excited! 

imagechamp579:

Very exciting time for you.  I have pcos and had annovulatory cycles. I was put on my first round of clomid in September and I ovulated around day 24. I took it from day's 5-9. From my lab work on cd 21, I did not ovulate. Anyways, fast forward to mid October, I was tracking my temps and my period had still not come. My temps showed a shift after day 21 and I ended up with my bfp. 24 weeks later, I am still pg. 

Good luck! 

I actually was told not to temp because it makes my anxiety so bad that I cant sleep. It really would be helpful to be able to temp though. 

Good luck to you hon!  I got pregnant on my second clomid cycle, unfortunately it was ectopic.

As far as the charting while on a medicated cycle, to each their own.  I am charting still (4th clomid cycle) and my temps are wonky and have been every clomid cycle I've had.  I've always been able to detect O though.  If you're being monitored closely and using an hCG trigger shot, I wouldn't worry about charting. 

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Good luck!

I got pregnant on my first round of Clomid. I took from CD3-7. CD21 bloodwork confirmed ovulation. I do not know if I am having multiples yet because my first u/s isn't until March 12th.  

Started TTC in February 2010
    BFP #1
      3.23.11 :: Natural M/C on 5.21.11 @ 12wk4d
    BFP #2  2.17.12 :: EDD 10.28.12 :: Ava was born 11.2.12

BFP #3  1.31.14 :: Natural M/C on 3.10.14 @ 9wk2d

BFP #4  4.29.14 :: Natural M/C on 5.5.14 @ ?

New Beginnings: Our Journey into Parenthood (Blog)

imageimage

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"