May 2011 Moms

9-month-old not crawling yet?

I'm just curious as far as statistics go for which babies at this age has been crawling for a while, just started to crawl or makes no motion to crawl as yet.

My 9-month old can sit up very well and scoots about on his tummy in a 360-degree motion or pushes himself backward to get around but he has not crawled yet (and I do know that some babies will skip this altogether too). I have witnessed him lifting his bum in the air once in a while, but only when in his crib (strange?). He also doesn't make any motion to move from a sitting to tummy position and vice versa.

I know that it's okay for him to not crawl right now but hearing about other's experience also reminds me of that as well.

Thanks.

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.

Re: 9-month-old not crawling yet?

• DS did not crawl on all 4s until he was almost 11 months old.  He army crawled for months prior and that suited him just fine.  DD is almost 9 months and thisclose to crawling but not there yet.  Don't fret!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD wasn't at all interested in crawling - she pulled herself up and stood all the time but did nothing in terms of army crawling or regular crawling. Then, just about 2 weeks ago at playgroup there was a wind-up clown that was spinning around, and she just up and crawled over to it. Surprise She was almost 10 months.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't worry too much. Layla didn't crawl until she was over 10 months old, and didn't walk until she was nearly 15 months old. Kids all develop at their own pace!
  • My kid is 10 months in a few days.. still not crawling.  He will get to it when he  gets to it :)
  • DS has been army crawling for a couple months. He literally just started crawling on all fours. He is basically unstoppable now. As long as he is meeting all his other milestones, I wouldn't be worried. Just wait, one day he will surprise you and just start crawling!
  • My daughter is 9 months tomorrow and she hasn't crawled just goes backwards and she just started sitting up on her own. I'm an rn and I think every baby is just different and does things on there own time. I wouldn't worry too much. He sounds like he's starting to try! 
  • My nephew did start army crawling until he was around 9.5 months, and then was walking by 11.5. He was a fast learner, but a late bloomer.

DD has been army crawling for awhile, but hasn't "properly" crawled yet.
    My overly happy baby girl!

I'm a breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, anti-CIO Mommy
    Raising Bean
    Wives Unscripted

Married my hero on 10-11-08
    Our bean was born on 05-19-11
  • DD is 9 months an a few days and she sounds exactly like your LO. 360 turns on belly, raises butt in the air, will reach til almost on all fours and then go back to sitting. I keep wanting her to crawl, but everyone tells me not to worry so I'm trying not to!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO doesn't crawl yet. She sits on her own, but won't sit herself up. She scoots on her back backwards, but doesn't do much on her tummy. She will roll onto it to get a toy then roll right back over mostly. She has pushed herself up on a knee a few times.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my DD is 9 months old and hasn't crawled yet.

She gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth but that's about it.  :-) 

• My DD rolls where she needs to go......No crawling and very little sitting unassisted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"