Baby Showers

Pregnancy/gender announcments

Hi, I'm thinking of sending out cute pregnancy/gender announcments to our fam and friends. I found a cute one from shutterfly. The card will announce the gender (level 2 is next week) and the expected due date. The card will also have an ultrasound pic plus family pic on it....what do you think?

Also, I was thinking of putting the baby's name on it too. Do you think its tacky, or too soon (20weeks) to announce the baby's name?

PS- I'm not having a shower (its baby # 3) Thanks!

Re: Pregnancy/gender announcments

• I wouldn't put the baby's name on it.

Past that... you know your family and friends.  In all honesty, I find pregnancy announcements kind of AWish.  A BABY announcement- I'm all over.  But a pregnancy announcement?  Eh- I think it's a bit much.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• imageEastCoastBride:

I wouldn't put the baby's name on it.

Past that... you know your family and friends.  In all honesty, I find pregnancy announcements kind of AWish.  A BABY announcement- I'm all over.  But a pregnancy announcement?  Eh- I think it's a bit much.

I'm with ECB on this. Doesn't everyone that you care about already know you are KU? I'd just wait for the birth announcement.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I also agree with ECB.  I wouldn't even tell people the name you have decided on because it will be picked apart and before you have your LO you will even be questioning your own choice.  kwim?
  • imageEastCoastBride:

I wouldn't put the baby's name on it.

Yes, this, exactly.
  • This sounds like you are asking for gifts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for all your input! I honestly didnt even think about gifts, I just added that I wasnt having a shower at the bottom of my post because this is the baby shower board. My fam wont get me gifts either way, card or not,  because its baby #3.

I usually send out really nice invites for my kids bday parties (that i order from a card company) thats what made me think of doing this.

I've received a few cards with ultrasound pics before from friends. I thought it would just be a cute little keepsake for family to hang on their fridge but you are all probably right...I will just skip it. Thanks again!

• It sounds pretty over-the-top, and an ultrasound picture just that much moreso.  Trust me, people will believe you're pregnant, you don't need to include medical proof.

• I think it sounds silly.

But. I do love seeing a cute announcement on FB or in an email. Especially if you have other children already, have them do something super cute and break the news that way to your FB page or your nearest and dearest over email. 

• imagePaMommy02:

I usually send out really nice invites for my kids bday parties (that i order from a card company) thats what made me think of doing this.

I meant to quote this earlier- and say that I would put the effort and money into your announcements. Nothing is as fun as AW - ing your beautiful baby's actual photo with the name, weight and birthdate, IMO :) 

• We did a pregnancy announcement, but only because I combined it with a move announcement.  We just moved from an apartment to our first home, so I did a "Home Sweet Home" and we're having a baby thing at the same time.  If I wasn't already doing cards for the move, I wouldn't do the pregnancy announcement cause that seems funny. We were 16 weeks along at the time.
  • Pregnancy announcements? Whaaaaa! Also I know a lot of people are really turned off to ultrasound pictures. Granted, I have mine in my signature but on a typical day I wouldn't flaunt it. I'm all about sharing with family when they ask but alot really don't care to see that stuff.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I sent out pregnancy announcements to my closest friends and family because I thought it'd be impossible to see them all and tell them in person (I rather tell them something so special in a personal way). Mine just had a little rhyme and that we're expecting in October. I received great responses and we actually had fun waiting for the random calls and text messages. This is our first so I guess we had that shock factor going for us.

I wouldn't go for the ultrasound in there though. That's TMI to a lot of people.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"