Attachment Parenting

Night weaning

Could anyone share information or books that they found helpful for night weaning?  My son is 25 months and I am almost 9 weeks pregnant.  Unfortunately, the still very frequent night nursing are becoming too much for me.  It seems like some nights he is nursing 6 times a night and I can no longer sleep through it.  Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

Ivy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Night weaning

• This: https://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html

And be patient.  Give it AT LEAST two weeks, if not four.

IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Around you LO's age I was ready to night wean too. I was going to use Dr. Jay Gordon's method but it ended up going better than I anticipated and only took a few nights. I just basically started telling DD no and shushing her back to sleep. She cried a few times and there were a few times she couldn't get back to sleep but after a few days she almost completely stopped asking and was able to get herself back to sleep. She will still wake up once in a while asking for it but I remind her we're all done nursing and she goes back to sleep. It always seems DD cues me that she's ready to do something by the time I make up my mind to do it and it goes better than I expected. Good luck!
    Me 38, DH 34 Missed M/C 10/08 at 10 weeks DD born 8/09, TTC#2 since Jan 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • At 18 months I told DS that my boobs were broken.  He cried the first night, second night cried a lot, and the third night cried a little.  Then no more crying and weaned completely.  It was a lot easier since he was old enough to understand what we were saying. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I night weaned DD1 at 26 months. We talked about how the mommy milk would be going to sleep at night and would wake up in the morning. Then instead of nursing, she came to our bed and cuddled back to sleep. There was a lot of crying at first along with screams of "mommy milk awake", but eventually she stopped asking when she woke up, and she'd just climb into our bed and go back to sleep. 
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"