C-sections

When did your milk come in?

With DD1, she did not latch very well after my emergency c-section. I remember her losing more than 10% of her body weight and making me pump and threatened to supplement in the hospital. It finally came in on day 3 or 4, I think, and we had a great nursing relationship afterwards.

DD2 arrived yesterday via RCS, Shaand she latched on right away and has been going to town every 2ish hours. It's all colostrum at this point, but I am hoping I get the goods in soon. She's already lost 6oz of weight and is starting to seem hungry for more. 

Just curious how quick your milk came in after your surgery? 

Re: When did your milk come in?

• Mine came in on day 3. 3-5 days is typical.
  • Mine came in on day 3.  I think that's about average.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Day 4 with #1, day 2-3 with DD.  I didn't nurse either time, so my milk dried up a whole lot quicker with DD.  I think my body knew the drill that time and wasn't going to waste its energy making more.  ;)
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Day 3 or 4 I believe.

• Day 5 with #1 and Day 2 with #2
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • 3rd day

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Day 3 for me.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I didn't get colostrum until day 5, I would be pleased at one day afterwards.  Milk didn't arrive fully until about day 7/day 8.  I was nursing for 20 pumping for 20 and then eventually we did have to supplement until my colostrum came in.  He lost 1 1/2 lbs by one week old and then we had to go to the pedi every 2 days for a weight check for the first 3 weeks.
    Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • day 4 or 5 with #1, day 3 with #2
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Day 4 with DD #1, day 3 with DD #2 (both c-sections, and both great nursers!)

• day2, I was more surprised than the doctor!   Didn't think to bring nursing pads with me so had to use tissues.
  • I had DD Tuesday at noon. My milk came in early Friday morning and I left the hospital that afternoon.
  • Mine did in about a day and a half.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had DD Monday night and it was in Thursday morning.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Had both my boys on Monday afternoons and my milk was in on Wednesday.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • DS was born at 2:07 pm on Tuesday and my milk came in Thursday morning.
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • I had DS Tuesday night, and my milk didn't come in until Sunday morning.  I pumped every two hours with a hospital grade pump, and DS only got colostrum the first pump(he couldn't latch due to an inverted nipple, a wicked overbite, and small mouth).  I never thought my milk would come in!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Mine came in on day 4.
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

• I just had my son on Wednesday and my milk started coming in Friday during the day. It was a bi*ch getting him to feed the first day or so and I ended up having to supplement 10mL of formula one night because he just wasn't getting enough. Now, however, I'm writing this post waiting to go to the nursery for his next feeding (he's having his heart rate monitored overnight) and after I'm done feeding, I'm going to come back and pump. My milk has been coming in like crazy now!

Good luck to everyone! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"