Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Cancer and being alone

So I'm in desperate need of some words of encouragement today.  My bf left sunday to arizona for surgery and radiation treatments for a month.  My LO's b-day is Monday so he won't be here for it :(  Things financially are extremely stressed and my bf lost his job due to needing the medical leave of absence and it being denied.  I am in school full-time getting my Bachelor degree in Nursing and work part-time in a clinic as an MA.  

I wish I could say that its so hard to have him gone but what is really getting to me is that not much has changed.  Its given me a huge realization that he doesn't do anything to help with our DD! He also is never home when he's here so I am alone pretty much the same amount of time as well.  This is breaking my heart to realize that he's not really a part of my life on a regular basis :( We are high school sweethearts and have been together for 6 years.  When I think back to this time last year I remember being so happy and excited for our LO to be born.  I want our relationship to work out and we have always thought we'd get married but now I just have huge doubts.  Its hard enough to work out a relationship without the cancer in the picture.  I would never dream of leaving him while he's at treatment or anything like that I'm just having a hard time coping with everything and the realization about our relationship makes me so sad!   I am so stressed sometimes I feel like I'm never going to make it to the good times :(  Thanks everyone who bothered to read this and sorry its so long.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cancer and being alone

• Sorry to hear you are going through this, just hug that little one harder and remember that she makes EVERY day a good one!
  • I'm very sorry for what you're going through. I would try to wait things out while he he's treatment. He may not have been feeling up to helping much or socializing, etc because he was sick. There's a lot of factors here but when he gets healthy you should reevaluate and go from there. He will always be the father of your child but that alone doesn't mean you have to stay together. Just try and keep strong, cut him a little slack, I mean he has cancer and keep your head up that things will get better. T&P's for you guys.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your situation :(  I hope he gets better and feels well enough to help out more.  Like other's have said, he has cancer, that is VERY hard to live with.  My aunt had breast cancer and she had a hard time getting up in the morning.  Give him time to heal.  If he's at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America he is going to be very comfortable there, I've heard amazing stories coming from that place.  I'll pray he gets better fast!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"