Pregnant after 35

Cervix?

I'm 37 years old and this is my 3rd pregnancy. With both of my other pregnacies I was on bedrest from about 20 weeks until delivery (full term and healthy!). The bed rest and several hospital stays.... cause by my incompitent cervix. 

Now with this pregnacy, my cervix is staying around 3cm, but also changes frequently (my Dr. says it's because of my dynamic cervix).

He is now not requiring bedrest and says that things look fine. I just want to know how this pregnancy can be so so different from the others?! He keeps telling me that everything is fine and each baby is different. I'm just really nervous. How can this be?! I would hate to go about my daily routine and have something bad happen.....help? What should I do?

Re: Cervix?

• Talk to your doctor again, and try to fully explain your concerns and the fact-based reasons for your concerns.  If you aren't completely confident in what your doctor tells you (or in your doctor), get a second opinion. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm going to say ditto to what OV said.

I know each pregnancy is different, but it sounds off to me for you to be dialated at all at 20 weeks. Have they done a cerclage? I would definitely get a second opinion (is this a high risk doc, or regular OB? I would imagine you should be seeing a high risk one with your history...maybe I'm wrong)

• Loading the player...
  • No I haven't had a cerclage, I was too dialated with the others. I called today and explained my fears/concerns, and I am waiting on a response back. I may go see another doctor, but I really like the one I am seeing now. I'll keep you updated.

Thank you!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"