TTC after 35

WTF? RE wants me to have consult with a breast surgeon :(

So I'm at work and get this phone call from a nurse and she says since I have to have a follow up mamm in 6 months I need to have a consult with a breast surgeon to give me the go ahead on taking Estrogen for my mock cycle which is in a few days!!

Seriously? When I talked to my DE coordinator she KNEW I had to have a follow up. I talked to her like 4 times last week. Why the f didn't she tell me this then?? So I call this other office and the nurse explained to me that since I didn't have anything showing on ultrasound except a dense breast then the dr. would not see me. Of course I'm bawling at this point because I'm thinking I then have to wait 6 months for mamm again and I'm turning 44 in May....blah blah I was a mess. She said that no one could tell me if I might have a cell that will react to the Estrogen.

Did this happen to anyone? It's late but I'm going to leave a mess with RE coordinator since I'm due to take Estrogen in few days. Sigh...maybe this is a sign...go to Hawaii instead :( Hoping AF is really behind schedule.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
     image   imageimage

Re: WTF? RE wants me to have consult with a breast surgeon :(

• Can't you just sign something saying that you're aware of the risks, but want to proceed anyway - especially since you're doing your mock cycle?  Isn't the purpose to see how you respond?  Or can the Dr. at the office that said there's no way to tell how you might react to the Estrogen call your RE's office and tell THEM that?

Having just gone through my breast issue, I really feel for you.  This is already such a complicated process, and it sucks that it seems like there's a roadblock at every turn.

I'm so sorry you're going through this, Becky!  I hope you're able to get it figured out soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bubs I am going to ask if I can do that. I don't think it really matters if it's a mock or not..still putting Estrogen in my body. Hoping someone calls me back tomorrow. DH is livid...especially knowing that the one DE coord knew I needed a follow up. It is what it is I guess. The nurse I spoke to use to work at the fertility clinic and thinks mayb I can get my gyn to sign the papers. Will have to wait for the phone call.

Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • How's Cassie and the baby doing??

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• I'll keep my fingers crossed that they get this figured out for you.  Don't be afraid to fight for what you want and advocate for yourself!

As far as I know Cassie and baby are doing well, but I haven't seen her on fb much (I'm sure she's a little busy), and we haven't all gone to visit yet. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh. More hoops jump through. I'm sorry but I have no advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"