Baby Names

Worst Names...

So I am curious as to what the 2 (Yes only 2) worst names that you have heard people actually name their children?

Boy- Kaos (pronounced Chaos)

Girl-Unique...yes she was! 

GO!

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Worst Names...

• I posted this boy name the other day - Raidyn. Vom!

Girl is hard, there are so many horrendous ones with alternative spellings.  

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Those are pretty bad:(

These are the newest ones I'm cringing over:

boy- Remington (purposely named after brand)

girl- Zaidyn 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageapreaves:

Girl- Pajama (Pajuhmay)   

Female (Femolly)

I don't really have a boy name that sticks out to me like those two did! lol

Seriously????? LOL!

• I met a little boy named Cutter!!! Cutter? Yuck!
  • Since I'm a teacher, there are so many to choose from, but... 

Boy - Kazul (pronounced Casual) 

Girl - Chasmin (some bizarre form of Jasmine?)

Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Friend-of-an-acquaintance is named DesCygNe, yes capitalized like that and inexplicably pronounced "Destiny".

Daughter's name might be even better: DazLynn. Pronounced "DAZ-uh-lin". When asked where she got the name, said acquaintance informed me that she wanted to name her "DazLyng" but liked the "casual version" of dazzling (dazzlin', i'm guessing) better. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLuckyIrishMama11:

Friend-of-an-acquaintance is named DesCygNe, yes capitalized like that and inexplicably pronounced "Destiny".

Daughter's name might be even better: DazLynn. Pronounced "DAZ-uh-lin". When asked where she got the name, said acquaintance informed me that she wanted to name her "DazLyng" but liked the "casual version" of dazzling (dazzlin', i'm guessing) better. 

BHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Boy: Trustin Karma

Girl: Jizzelle (nn Jizz?  seriously?)

• Boy: Javelin (beating out his brother Hazard, honorable mention to Buckminster nn Bucky)

Girl: Ellagrey

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • WOW. Shakes head.
  • i dont know about boy names, but i have a friend on facebook who named her baby girl 'Inspire'
  • Kaos is a strip club around here. lol

I can't even compete with all of your bad names! I can't think of anything nearly as bad as some of the ones you guys have already posted.

• My aunt works at a pediatric dentist office, so I've heard lots of bad names from her.

Boy- Knowledgeborn Prince. AKA- Jamal. ---What in the world?!!? Yes, Knowledge born (all one word) Prince. Two first names. But don't worry, he went by "Jamal!" 

Girl- Twin girls named Silk and Satin. They also had an older sister named Sable. 

WHY, WHY, WHY?! 

• imagemichellerupp:

My aunt works at a pediatric dentist office, so I've heard lots of bad names from her.

Boy- Knowledgeborn Prince. AKA- Jamal. ---What in the world?!!? Yes, Knowledge born (all one word) Prince. Two first names. But don't worry, he went by "Jamal!" 

Girl- Twin girls named Silk and Satin. They also had an older sister named Sable. 

WHY, WHY, WHY?! 

LOL! These are so funny to me!

• I teach in an urban school. There are A LOT to choose from. Here are the two that stand out the most.

Boy: Deondre' (Don-Dra) - he got upset when I called him De-On-Dray

Girl: Dae'Taj-Mione (Day Ta Me On). And, yes, the capitalization and punctuation are exactly how her name was spelled.

• WOW....it's amazing that these kids can even pronounce, let alone SPELL their own names.

Yikes!

• Acaydya is about the worst I've heard / seen

I also know a Braesen  

• Male: Jaqual Cashmoney (I was a one-on-one aid for his brother)

Female: Jazzilyn. (she is a little girl in my son's kindergarten class)

• I teach a Cavazzie  (pronounced like Courvoisier) this year.  Sweetest kid, horrible name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTheMcCombies:

I posted this boy name the other day - Raidyn. Vom!

By any chance is this part of a recent  twinset? We had friendsjustvuse this name. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMichellie7:

Those are pretty bad:(

These are the newest ones I'm cringing over:

boy- Remington (purposely named after brand)

girl- Zaidyn 

I love the NN Remy for a boy though!

Anyways...

boy Kyndal

girl Janyel 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • Boy = Curel.. pronounced Ker-el

Girl = Orchestra... bleh...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mommy's Little Man
    Making hearts melt since 10/22/2011
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Pinterest
  • imagelilygirl:
    imageTheMcCombies:

I posted this boy name the other day - Raidyn. Vom!

By any chance is this part of a recent  twinset? We had friendsjustvuse this name. 

Nope, thank God... hate to imagine what the sibling would be. Haha. 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I didn't care for the fact that co-irkers son and daughter were Devon and Devyne.

Devon isn't bad, but maybe pick another name that doesn't sound almost exactly the same.

Also the family who has Jason, Jaxon, Jadon is not my fave for names.

Samantha Skye - Aug 30, 2006 AND Maxwell Griffin - April 14, 2009
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had a kid in my class named Christopher James. Good name you say, right? Yes, well, his 2 older brothers were also named Christopher James. Mom called them 1,2, and 3... When she called them anything that is. :(

The worst girl name was Toraceziea. It was pronounced Tore-A-C-Z-A. It took half the year to get it right!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• I teach in the urban inner-city, so I have seen some gems. At the risk of those kids actually Googling their own unique names and seeing them pop up on here, I'll just give you a pretty basic one. We had a young man last year named Law. He had two sisters who were in line to be coming to our school shortly after. Their names were Jury and Trial. It's too bad they had such weird names, because they were a nice family.

• imageAligator28:

I teach in an urban school. There are A LOT to choose from. Here are the two that stand out the most.

Boy: Deondre' (Don-Dra) - he got upset when I called him De-On-Dray

Girl: Dae'Taj-Mione (Day Ta Me On). And, yes, the capitalization and punctuation are exactly how her name was spelled.

Oldest DS had a classmate who was "Deondreus" pronounced Day -on-DRAY-us. It took us forever to learn how to  say it and he got upset if you didn't get it right.

dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Delyte (girl)

Tayson (boy)  

Baby BOY is due May 23, 2014!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Boy - Shaydyn

Girl - Fantasia (a close 2nd is Cinderella)

• My mother works in a local pedis ER. She has told me of so many...

Girl- La-ia you would never have guessed the pronunciation... Ladashia. The girl's mother informed mine that the dash is not silent! Wow.

Boy- Jagger reminds me more of a dogs name... 

• Oh man, now you're making me sit and think for a while...

The ones that spring to mind are Boheme (f) and Standly (m). Pretty sure I still have an imprint of the facepalm those caused.

• imageEHeard00:

My mother works in a local pedis ER. She has told me of so many...

Girl- La-ia you would never have guessed the pronunciation... Ladashia. The girl's mother informed mine that the dash is not silent! Wow.

Boy- Jagger reminds me more of a dogs name... 

You do know this urban legend gets posted almost every day, right?

Big A 06-07-08 Little A 11-11-11
  • Amiracle and Amistake (a-meer-a-cul and ah-mis-tah-key). They were twins at school a few years ago. And yes, these kids are real!

• Boy - Zyxryd

Girl - Ahnesti (pronounced honesty)

Hilary
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I actually love that nickname too, it's cute!

The full-on Remington though, it's just too much! 

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I've blocked out the worst. I know I've seen a few girls named Justice, which I just... no. NO. That's trashier than Destinee (one of which I have known). Also bad: a boy named Justice.

A friend from high school first started typing her daughter-to-be's name as BrookLynn, but after a while it was showing up (on FB) as Brooklynn every time she mentioned her, so luckily the normal capitalization stuck for that little girl!

OH! Someone else from high school: a caucasian girl with children named Nakiya, Shakiya, Skylee, Issac (not a typo), and Maliky. The last one I thought might have been Malik, a strong and nice name, and she added the Y as a mommy pet name. Malik-ee. But no. No. It's pronounced Malachi. She's 26, none are twins. I am almost certain that she did not have children while in high school--I was somewhat friendly with her because she was nice, and I don't remember any pregnancy in school. So she's been busy!

Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Boy - Sinister (yes - I am serious)

Girl - Halleluiah Iloveya Praise Harmony (also serious..and the spelling is correct) 

• My co-irker announced today that she's having a girl, to be named Nevaeh Dior.  That's pretty bad but I think Desire Romance and triplets Porsche, Mercedes and Lexus may have that beat.

Boys, I'm a teacher so sometimes it's a real treasure trove.   I haven't seen anything that has topped Hismajesty yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"