C-sections

What meds were you on after CS?

I plan to bring in whatever I can buy OTC and the only non-narcotic I can think of that I took is sennacot (laxative/stool softener).  What else were you on post-CS?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What meds were you on after CS?

• I took colace and ibuprofen

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I was on ibuprofin but you don't have to bring that to the hospital. They have it there. And even if you do bring it they will probably want you to take theirs. When I was in the hospital when DD1 was born they wouldn't even let me take my own perscription medication (for pih). They ordered me the same exact thing from the hospital. They said something about it having to be"hospital controlled" as long as you're there. All drugs have to come from them and have to be given by a nurse.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wasn't allowed to bring any meds in either.  They actually took my tums away and gave me their own.  After my cs I was given percoset and then went to ibuprofin.  I also used a stool softener.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageMrs. Braxton:
    I was on ibuprofin but you don't have to bring that to the hospital. They have it there. And even if you do bring it they will probably want you to take theirs. When I was in the hospital when DD1 was born they wouldn't even let me take my own perscription medication (for pih). They ordered me the same exact thing from the hospital. They said something about it having to be"hospital controlled" as long as you're there. All drugs have to come from them and have to be given by a nurse.

I asked specifically if I could bring in my own medication and was OK'd- it just needs to be checked in through the pharmacy.  It's much cheaper to bring your own, and since I have to buy it anyway for when I come home I'm going to bring it with me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebyrne15:
    I took colace and ibuprofen

This! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Colace, Motrin, and Percoset.  
  • Vicoden and 800mg ibuprofen, also stool softener (because pain meds make you constipated)

• imagemabenner1:
    Colace, Motrin, and Percoset.  

This.

I only took the percosets for a few days and only one first thing in the morning.

• I took Colace, Rx strength ibuprofen, and Percocet.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Once I got home just double does of Tylenol and Advil.

In the hospital I just had ibuprofen in my IV. It was a super dose. They also gave me a prenatal vitamin. I was not even "allowed" to take my own vitamins.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Yea I had to use the hospital meds too. But they did let me check-in my albuterol inhaler. Hmm I had whatever pain meds were in the IV immediately post-op. And then after they removed the IV (like 12-24 hours later, can't remember), they gave me Tylenol and Ibuprofen.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Norco, Motrin, Stool softener
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

• oxycodon:)  ibuprofin and colace

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"